Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wakeplate on a Mobius?

This may be a stupid question...Can you put a wakeplate on a Mobius? I just purchased a 2002 Mobius in July. While I was adding all my goodies, I asked for the dealer to install a wakeplate and he looked at me like I was a retard. Am I?

Brian Raymond Guest

Default wakeplate

No, you are not a retard. This is a very popular option on the wakeboard boats, and can be installed by a servicing dealer. The wakeplate option is great for wakeboarding because it sinks the aft end of the boat at wakeboard speeds, it is also nice to fine tune the wake characteristics for the slalom skier and barefooter at higher speeds. When cruising in rough chop, it helps the ride quite considerably when the plate is trimmed down to have more keel in the water.

Brian Raymond Guest

Default wakeplate

No, you are not a retard. This is a very popular option on the wakeboard boats, and can be installed by a servicing dealer. The wakeplate option is great for wakeboarding because it sinks the aft end of the boat at wakeboard speeds, it is also nice to fine tune the wake characteristics for the slalom skier and barefooter at higher speeds. When cruising in rough chop, it helps the ride quite considerably when the plate is trimmed down to have more keel in the water.

I've seen the Wedge for Malibu boats, but what is the brand that works with Moomba? I have a '99 Kanga and need a bigger wake

I've seen the Wedge for Malibu boats, but is there a brand for Moomba? I'd like to add one to my '99 Kanga....need a bigger wake!
    Thanks,
    Keith

Brian Raymond Guest

Default Mo' Wake

Unfortunately there is not a wakeplate or any other electrical or mechanical device to change the wake characteristics of that model. There is an optional ballast system with 2 tanks in the aft ski storage area. It will diminish your storage by half, but if your into phat wakes, it may be worth looking into. Please check with your dealer for pricing and availability.Brian Raymond

Default Where????

where do u get a wake plate? how much to they cost? who makes them?

Default Where????

where do u get a wake plate? how much to they cost? who makes them?

Brian Raymond Guest

Default Maximus Wakeus

Please check with your local dealer for product and install pricing and availability. There are some models that are unable to take the hydraulic wakeplate, it sure is an advantagious option to have, it may also help on the re-sale/trade in side.Brian Raymond

Default Wakeplate

Does the wakeplate truly create a better wakeboarding wake? When it is trimmed properly, does it drop the back of the boat enough to make a steeper and bigger wake?

What is Skier's Choice opinion on putting additional fatsacs in the rear trunk? I understand that the gas tanks are back there and the standard plastic floor may collapse, but can you work around this? I saw in another thread that people have replaced this floor with a two-inch wood floor. Is this a bad idea? Would it deform the gas tanks? How much weight should a floor such as this support?

Sorry for the long post, but I am considering expanding the factory ballast on my Mobius to connect to two additional 400lb bags in the rear trunk and two 200lb bags under the front seats. This would give me about 2000lbs of ballast with the flip of two switches. What are the pros/cons of doing this versus adding a wakeplate?

Thanks for any advise you may give me...