View Poll Results: Goofy or regular stance? AND Right or left-handed?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Regular / Right-Handed

19 38.78%
  • Regular / Left-Handed

3 6.12%
  • Goofy / Right-Handed

17 34.69%
  • Goofy / Left-Handed

5 10.20%
  • Switch (aka Ed G stylie)

5 10.20%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Regular vs. Goofy Poll

After seeing so many goofy surfers on the board, I'm interested to see what the statistics look like for regular vs. goofy and also how it correlates with handedness. By special request we've also got the switch category for Ed G...

A quick review: regular is left foot forward and goofy is right foot forward. Note that you can surf goofy or regular on either side of the boat. Switch means that you are riding opposite of what your natural stance would be.

I would think that it would be hard to ride on the left side of the boat, regular with left foot forward and use the right hand to hold the rope. similarly, riding on the right side, right foot forward(goofy) and using the left hand to hold the rope.
    that kind of goes against balancing on the board in my mind.

I use both hands to pull closer like tug of war, but when holding with one hand, it's always the left.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

regular/right , but next time I see Ed I'm going to ask for a goofy pull.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Just to clarify - by handedness I mean which is your dominant one, i.e. which one do you write with.

Most of the people I've ridden with are goofy/left-handed or regular/right-handed, but there are some that don't follow this pattern.

I ride goofy and am right handed. I can ride regular but it just doesn't feel comfortable at all.
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red

Sled491 Guest

I'm goofy (easy Ed), and left handed, but after some thought about this I may try riding goofy on the backside this weekend just to see how it goes.

Chad you been out yet? Were trying to do a camping thingy the weekend of the Jamboree on the river somewhere. You interested?

I am goofy and right handed....guess I am one of the weird guys. i have tried riding regular but it just doesnt feel right kind of like the stranger... LOL

Taught my brother to wakesurf the last two days. He's right handed and skis and rides goofy. He was able to surf either regular or goofy on the "normal" side.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I think this weekend when we go out im going to try out goofy and see how it feels since im still learning. Im sure with driver weight goofy would have a better wave because of the extra weight but maybe not. We will see. I know right now i ride goofy because im learning lol. Goofy as in im all over the wave trying to get settled into it lol.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

When it comes to surfing I am Regular, but when it comes to boarding lately I like to ride switch more often.
    Life's great when im on the water in my 05 XLV!