Default Help - Seadek Roo pad doesn't fit

I ordered the Seadek Roo one-piece logo pad to replace my aging pad on my 2001 Outback LS. I went to put it on Friday and found it doesn't fit. My swim platform gets wider "slower" than the pad they sent me. In other words, it "fits" on both ends and in the middle, but not in between.

With all the Seadek experts on here, I was hoping that someone might know what size pad I need to make it work. I have an email into Seadek but am assuming they may not know the particular size pad my boat needs. I can't measure for a couple weeks because the boat is at the lake.

By the way, it's a very nice looking pad and I'm sure would have been quite an upgrade over the original one that came with it.

I was in the group buy a several weeks ago. It fit fine on my '02 OB LSV.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

I guess there is an off chance it might have moved while being cut, I think it was chuck that i dealt with when I bought mine.. i would just call them worste case.. find out what the dimensions should be... but what Ed says is true. There is a nice boarder that is around the edges about 1/4-1/2 inch.

It was definitely too big. Not only was there not a border, it actually overhangs on the curve by a substantial amount. It was also too wide - not in the sense that it wouldn't fit at all width-wise but in the sense there would be no border.

Seadek, however, responded this morning and told me that I was the second person they had run across with this problem and they had discovered that Moomba had a slightly smaller platform at some point. They have already created a new drawing to fit the smaller platform and they are going to ship me the new pad expedited and I will return the old one as soon as I get the new one. So far, great customer service to go along with what appears to be a great product.

It is very odd to me that Moomba would have changed swim platforms between the '01 Outback LS and the '02 Outback LSV, which shared the same hull, but I guess they did. I think they also might have upholstered the engine box around that time (mine is not). I guess little upgrades are made each year.

Reese350 Guest

Love it, the Roo even looks good in AutoCAD!

I would just like to say you guys are EVIL!!!! Do you know how much i am wanting to get one now. They look great. Ok better then great. That will have to be next years project.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

I know exactly what your talking about. Had the same problem with my '01 LS. I just trimmed some off the rounded end in the places that were too long. I also removed the gray boarder that goes around it. Turned out nice after a little modification.

Monty
    2001 Outback LS

" Son, I'm Captain Jack Sparrow "

I think I am going to have to the same problem. I have a 01 outback and the pad seems to be to big. I have not placed it on the platform yet b/c the boat is in a different place right now but have conatcted Seadek and they are being VERY helpful about it. I am trying to get the marina to go measure the platform for me so I can let them know. Seadek has great customer service.

in case any of you guys don't want your pad thats too big, let me know and I'll take it off your hands!

When I purchased my pad - SeaDek said that the 2001 Outback had varying sizes on their platforms.

You should just call SeaDek and let them know you have one of the "odd" sized platforms and that you need the proper size.

They should be good. Chuck is good people. Give him a call.
    Sold my Moomba. Currently boat whoring.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)