Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ballast Bags?

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    So what if you remove the plug and added another fitting & hose and T it into the drain? Theoretically that should allow the air to purge as the bag fills right?
    Razz,

That sounds right. I always roll up and remove all the bags to allow everything to dry, then I don't hook them back up until I am on the water so I don't have this issue. But if I was going to leave the front bag in there all the time, that's what I would do.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Sounds like a good idea. Am i correct you referring to the cap and such at the top of the bag? One ind has the Fill and Drain nozel and the other side has a screw on cap.

Any idea what adapter will fit those to attach a line to it?

Then i would just run a hose from that cap on the top section of the bag back to the lower drain line where it pumps it out of the boat.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I think pretty much any of these would apply, Wakeside Fly HIgh Ballast Fittings. I'm just going to have to figure out how to getur done!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Yup i think your right onto something there Razz. I think ill get the first two pictures. The screw in adapter and then the quick release fitting so it looks like the others. Then a T junction and some 3/4 hose and run it from the front of the bag back to the lower drain line. Hopefully that works.

I dont quite understand why only the front bag fills with air. Must be the way that drain port is on the curve of the hull in the front.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I know this sounds like a pain but i would think the T should go as close to the thru hull as possible, but i dunno.

I think the thru acts like a scoop and sucks the air in. Hey! Why not just cork it up!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Yea i was wondering about that too. < T it at the hull exit > See another good reason why i didn't fill in that sub with spray foam. I would need to run the tube right threw that cut out where the sub fits in.

I would think running it to the Hull exit will cause more issues with draining water. The exiting water would hit that T and then drain back into the bag making it im possible to drain then. With the T at the primary exit point on the bag then it would be less likely to pump it back into the bag?
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I dunno, those T's aren't that thick are they? I'd use the ABS ones from an auto parts store. Where's Jason when you need him?
    2007 Mobius LSV

Well no there not that thick but wouldn't you want a 3/4 so you dont limit the drain flow?

Maybe get one of those angles Ts so the air is mixing at a 30 degree angle. So the water flowing by acts like a Vacuum and helps pull any air and water out. Ohh thats a good thought if i do say so myself. LOL
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Ok i think it's getting a little deep here! LOL!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Yep, that's the solution. W736 in the spare hole, W742 on to that, and then Wye it into your drain line. You could install a check valve, but if you use a Wye fitting (and not a Tee) it shouldn't be necessary.

Amazing (and a little surprising) to learn how Moomba set their systems up from the factory.