Default What's Wrong With This Picture?

I can't say I change my impeller as often as I should but that will probably change. The picture was taken before I started to remove it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

It's worth changing once a year for $50. It will save alot of money in the long run!
    Life's great when im on the water in my 05 XLV!

9 out of 12 ain't bad you have at least another year on that one!
    $50 good grief I hope not. you should be able to buy those for around $30. Buy 2 and keep one in your glovebox.

PWI as usual...

Should we get a group buy together for impeller's. Somthing so simple can just kill a whole week on the water.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

I always keep one in the boat and they're about $35 at SKIDIM. I check the impeller on a regular basis but it doesn't take long for the vanes to get knocked off. I'm thinking the failure of one vane probably took the others with it.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

One of mine did that at the end of a season. If you notice there are three vanes that are severly compressed on the wedge that forces the water out. It probably dried and stuck to it and when you started it, it ripped all three off at once!

What year boat is that on? I noticed it had a key way instead of splines...
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

That came off the 98 Mobius with the PCM engine. It wasn't easy to remove so I assume the splined ones are easier to take off as I see many people remove them in the winter.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Sled491 Guest

I have never removed an old style one, but I didn't think the splined ones came off all that easy. I was lucky, the one I pulled out looked new so it went into a baggy and it is now my spare!