Default 05 LSV ballast upgrade

I have been reading the boards but have not really found a good answer yet.
    Here is the deal, I want to upgrade from a stock gravity I to a gravity III or higher setup. My use is strickly for wakeboarding and would prefer to keep everything integrated with no sacks sitting on the floor.
    I understand that most people feel that 750's (even with an integrated bow sack) is too much for the LSV so I am kind of ruling that out.
    Looking at three possible setups (by the way I do not have a wake plate but I would consider installing one if recommended to do so) :
    1.400's with no bow sack.
    2. 400's with integrated bow sack.
    3. 565's with integrated bow sack.

Does anybody know why the 565's are so much more expensive than the
    400's and even the 750's? What am I missing?
    Are the ballast puppies worth the extra cash?
    Who sells the programmable timer for the switches?
    Any help would be very appreciated.
    Thanks.

As with most things in life, there are many different ways to accomplish what you're looking to do. Here are some ideas to think about, let me know if you have more specific questions after reading them.

Quote Originally Posted by gf5300 View Post
    I understand that most people feel that 750's (even with an integrated bow sack) is too much for the LSV so I am kind of ruling that out.
    Looking at three possible setups (by the way I do not have a wake plate but I would consider installing one if recommended to do so) :
    1.400's with no bow sack.
    2. 400's with integrated bow sack.
    3. 565's with integrated bow sack.
    Which Bags:
    I agree, in the LSV 750s are too big in the rear lockers. On boats that can accept the Gravity Games center bag you can run more weight in the rear lockers, but the Gravity Game rears, stock center and Integrated Bow Sac are a great setup to maximize the wake. There are additional costs associated with this setup though because you will need to add more components to support the additional bow bag. The LSV really likes more weight forward though, so I personally would not consider upgrading the rear bags unless you add the IBS.

Does anybody know why the 565's are so much more expensive than the 400's and even the 750's? What am I missing?
    The 750 and 400 bags are considered off-the-shelf bags, while the 565s are "semi-custom". Really what it comes down to is that Fly High makes A TON of 400 and 750 bags, but not very many Gravity Game Rears, so economies of scale dictate that the 565s are more expensive.

Are the ballast puppies worth the extra cash?
    Maybe, it depends on your expectations for system speed, and the design you're going with. Impeller pumps like the Ballast Puppy act as a check valve when the pump is turned off, which simplifies your plumbing, but adds additional cost.

Personally, I would go with two aerator pumps for each bag. They're cheaper, faster and more reliable. For more on your options for upgrading the factory system (which partially apply to your situation), read this blog post.

Let me know which pump type you're leaning towards and I'll give you a full parts list for the setup.

Who sells the programmable timer for the switches?
    We have 20 minutes timers available (ideal for filling larger bags, or filling two bags with one pump).

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jasown,
    Thanks for the detailed reponse.
    Ok, I guess I will stick with the 400's. The big question here is if a BIS is needed or recommended with this setup. Remember I do not have a wake plate (if that plays a factor).
    I would definitely be interested in a parts list to purchase from your store.
    Current configuration is 05 LSV with gravity I system.
    Thanks.

If you only run 400 pound bags in the rear you could probably get away with not using the IBS, but without the wake plate, I would probably want to have the additional bow weight available, just to tame any bow rise, and to ensure that the wake stays clean when you have a lot of people in the back of the boat.

Do you have a preference regarding which type of pump you use (impeller pump like the Jabsco or aerator pump like the factory Rule)?

Default balast

I have a 08LSV I have added 2 750s in rear 400in middle (factory) and used a leftover 400 in bow in the front and wrapped it around the center leading to each side. My wake is awesome with wake plate in middle.