Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default First time surfing

Im going to try wake surfing for the first time tomorrow. Any tips about how to do this? I have a couple friends from AWS comming along and they are bringing a board out but they dont surf to much.

I know about the speed of the boat and ballast settings but anything else for a starter?
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

get a surf rope
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Well yes i hope the guys tomorrow are bringing one lol. I know you need a short rope with a T handle or something.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Thanks Ed thats the kinda stuff i need to know. Thanks agian. Ill see if i can get some pics today if it all works out and post them for peeps.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Hey Ed, they let you guys transom ride in Florida? Man we get causght doing that here in Cali and it's a ticket and a gaurenteed full boat safety inspection by the water cops!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Hey everyone. Just got home from a day on the Willamette. It was a great day. 11 of us out in the sun and water.

I actualy made it up on the wake board for one solid pull. Friends Sean, Steve and Carlos made it look so easy. Bastages.

But the real fun today was Wake surfing. Sean brought a Lquid Force 4.6 board. It took me a few minutes to get the hang of how to get settled on the board and then after 2 or 3 pulls i was up and surfing. Never lasted very long but it was extremely fun. Im hooked lol. We had a pretty big surf from all the people in the boat. Only problem is we would take waves over the Bow from the 3 people sitting up there lol.

We droped a bunch off and the 5 of us went back out and tried some more. Me and Steve were the only ones Surfing and it was both are first times.

Was a lot of fun and now i just need to get my ballast dialed in for a better looking surf. It was real white and washy after the first 6 people left.

I think with all the times i got up on the surf board it will make it a lot easier to Wake board due to me understanding the feeling of the board on the water and how to turn into position better.

First pic is me
    Second is Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Thanks Ed. Yea i think those photos were pretty soon as i was up on the water. I was having a heck of a time yesterday. When i got up on the wake board after a few pulls, i hit a roller as i was about to stand and bashed my knee and scraped it up on the rope and that was it for boarding LOL.

I went to surfing and those pics was with 11 people in the boat. We didnt dial in the wave as much as we should have. I am still getting used to the feel of a board under me, never really been on the water like that. I got realy good on my second set getting on the water and now im working on positioning. Not sure how fast but from what i saw when i was driving is 10+ - a little wade the wave clean up. I know im looking for dark water and very little white wash as the sweet spot. We are going out again today later and im going to work on that. Im limping a little from yesterday on the wake board but surfing is sweet.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Good stuff mmandley.

PWI as usual...

Thanks Newty.

Its your fault man, we went on your baot with you and your family and had a great time watching.

I know we will need some ballast changes and stuff to make it even better. I think all were going to concentrate on this summer thought is getting the 750 Fly Highs and then learning to get the weight distribution dialed in.

This winter we will work more on the pumps and stuff like that.

Claudia realy wants to try it out shes realy excited, but she cant see without her glasses and shes waiting on new contacts. She cant see the water when standing on the swim deck.

So i doubt she can steer the board, but it would be fun watching her try lol.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Sled491 Guest

Way to go man, welcome to the old mans club, JK