Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: may long

Default may long

i was having a great time till the storm hit . here are some pictures. leds still wark under water.

OMG man what happened? Did the storm hit so hard it tried to sink your boat?

Thats crazy im really sorry to see all that water in your boat. I guess the bright side is it still floats.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

WOW. Are you driving that boat in the 3rd picture? How did it get so full of water? Make sure to flush those fluids out and get dialectric grease on all the electrical connections
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I bet you had a pretty kicken wake! Sucks though, I'd like to hear the full story of how it happened!
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by mustangairchair View Post
    i was having a great time till the storm hit . here are some pictures. leds still wark under water.

So.... not to echo everyone else, but WTH happened man!? Did your bilge pump not work as rain filled the boat? I just got mine, are these boats pretty rain-proof? I mean, other than when they fill up obviously, but I've assumed light to moderate rain won't hurt the boat at all. Am I mistaken?
    Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV

I don't know about his but i did leave mine in the rain a few weeks ago and it filled up a bit in the bow but because the boat wasn't sitting tilted to the back. My neighbor said he saw the bilge pump come on several times but it ran for like 5 minutes then would shut off for 5 minutes.

That looks like the pump just plain wasn't keeping up with the rain or something. Have to wait for his story to what happened.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I don't know about his but i did leave mine in the rain a few weeks ago and it filled up a bit in the bow but because the boat wasn't sitting tilted to the back. My neighbor said he saw the bilge pump come on several times but it ran for like 5 minutes then would shut off for 5 minutes.

That looks like the pump just plain wasn't keeping up with the rain or something. Have to wait for his story to what happened.

Did you have any problems after yours got kinda-filled? Was it heavy or light rainstorm? I'm trying to get an idea how hard a rain these boats can take before it's best I pull it out and trailer up. This weekend looks to be a mess in arkansas, cold and rainy again. Think I'm about to head down and pull her out and pray for decent weather next weekend. Booooo to this weather down here lately, 6 weekends in a row, one being memorial day, TOTALLY rained out.
    Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV

I'm just guessing here but i don't see how rain could put that much water in the boat short of a hurricane! Unless the boat was sitting in the water and waves came over it. That's a lot of water! I'm speaking from experience here, last year a MB B52 looped around mine at boarding speed while we were floating and sent huge rollers at us and they crashed over the bow and i took on probably 25-30 gallons over the bow and it was nowhere near like this! The water drained into the bilge immediately and i just had to throw towels down to cleanup, no damage at all. This is serious, there's probably close to 300 gallons of water there if not more!
    2007 Mobius LSV

I accidentally left the plug out in our bass boat once. It sat all night at our dock and you couldn't even tell just by looking at the boat sitting in the water, but once we tried to get up on plane the the boat couldn't get above 7mph. we took the the boat out and were about to take it to the local mechanic when we realized every square inch of the bilge along with the rod lockers was full of water. It's nice to know that they don't sink no matter how much water you put in.

Looks like lot of rain plus waves over the top, or plug fell out.

some parts of Fl got 12 to 24 inches of rain recently...
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold