Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Funny Story

Default Funny Story

Just remembered a funny story (at least i thought it was) from last weekend. A bit long but worth it! ...

So last Friday afternoon we've launched, parked our LSV in a slip, setup our campsite and are awaiting everyone else to show. One of my buddies calls and asks me to meet him at the ramp to help him launch as his wife isn't showing up until the next morning. We launch his boat and i pull it around the courtesy dock via a dock line and tie up while he drops the trailer in long term and parks the truck. It's a haul back to the dock via foot so i know it'll take him a while so i kick back and listen to tunes.

So while we're doing this a truck comes down the ramp towing one of those 33' twin engined hot boats with all the bling. He stops half way down, leaving the door open in the way and preps his boat. Moron, that's what the prep area is for. Gets back in, moves ten feet, and stops again again leaving door open in the way and does something else, pisses people off waiting in line! Finally gets back in and moves around and backs in at a 30 degree angle taking two lanes! Dumas! Anyway he's backed in about eight feet from the launch side of the courtesy dock, his girlfriend/wife/whatever gets outta the truck in her swimsuit w/ heels and proceeds to attempt walking down the steep ramp to the dock! GEEZ!

Whatever catches her heels on the dock grating and almost falls in while Dumas throws a line to her! I'm sitting in my buddies Nautique almost ready to bust a gut! They struggle the boat to the side of the dock and Dumas proceeds to tie up the rear, in the meantime Whatever sets the rope down to adjust her suit bottom as stuffs hanging out the rear that shouldn't be! Not a pretty sight let me tell ya! The boat drifts away from the dock in the front, line falls in water, Dumas yells and has to jump in to get it before it floats over a jetski! OK so now i can't hold back and let loose busting the gut. Whatever turns red while Dumas is climbing back onto the dock dripping wet! The dog (theirs), which i had forggoten about is sitting in the boat, wearing his sunglasses taking all this in! LOL!

Dumas proceeds to start the boat while Whatever is still on the dock. It's right across the 5' wide dock from me and this freaking thing is gawdawefull loud! By this time my buddy has returned, Dumas has gone back to the truck and is screwing around with the trailer, still hasn't cleared the ramp and it's been about ten minutes now! I'd bumped the tunes up to combat the noise and Whatever so un-gracefully climbed over the 3 1/2' gunwale into the boat.

So now it gets good! I wasn't aware this was my buddies first startup since winterizing, he fires up the boat and a solid white cloud of fogging oil covers the dock! Whatever panics, ducks for the bow cuddy on this thing and caroms off the doorway! The cloud, having no conscious follows her right in and fills the cabin! Engines are running, music is blaring, I'm busting a gut and the dog is still taking it all in! Dumas still hasn't cleared the ramp! Whatever exits tha cabin hacking and coughing yelling at Dumas as the cloud clears and we exit. I'm still busting a gut! All this in about twelve minutes!

And that started our weekend!
    2007 Mobius LSV

I love watching all the Dumas's and Whatever's. We used to sit on the Whaweap Warina dock at lake Powell and laugh histerically for hours on the big weekends.
    Its an boat-scratching outdrive-draggin Good time.

PWI as usual...

That is funny. Some people need to get their act together and a plan made before they even hit the boat ramp. The funny thing is that i can back the trailer into the water, launch my boat, tie up to the dock, get the truck out of the way and get back to my boat all by myself and faster then these people can get theri boat in the water and not even off the trailer.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    I love watching all the Dumas's and Whatever's. We used to sit on the Whaweap Warina dock at lake Powell and laugh histerically for hours on the big weekends.
    Its an boat-scratching outdrive-draggin Good time.
    Way TOO funny isn't it! We did that last Labor Day at Pedro with friends! E-Z-up, chairs, a cooler and your set for the day! 6 Lanes of fun at the ramp it is, ALL DAY fun! Amatuer days for sure the major holidays are! We don't even boat Memorial or Labor Day weekends, just watch!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    That is funny. Some people need to get their act together and a plan made before they even hit the boat ramp. The funny thing is that i can back the trailer into the water, launch my boat, tie up to the dock, get the truck out of the way and get back to my boat all by myself and faster then these people can get theri boat in the water and not even off the trailer.
    Ain't that the truth! The wife and i probably (just guessing) average about two minutes total from the top of the ramp, launching and back up the ramp. She drives the truck. I really shake my head at some of the stuff i see!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Razzman,

You have it right. You let the wife drive the boat or the truck. I think a big problem with these people that take soo long at the boat ramp is they do not let the wife drive eather the truck or boat. It goes alot faster having someone in the boat and someone in the truck.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Yea that's pretty funny. My funny story was last weekend at Fall Creek, We were launching our boat and just as i get it in the water and Claudia pulls the truck up the ramp to go park, im idling and letting the boat get away from the ramp to go sit in the water and wait.

Well this other boat shows up behind me with like 5 teens in it. There paddleing back tot he dock and there dad is on the dock yelling that the hell is wrong with my boat?

I ask if they need help because now they are wide side of there boat right behind me and i cant go anywhere now. The kid says i flooded the engine trying to start it or something it just cranks over and over. So i climb back to the swim deck and reach out for there boat grabbing it and holding there tower. I plant myself as much as i can on my swim deck and leverage there boat around mine and give them a shove to the dock.

They wave and say thanks for all the help.

Whole time im thinking, Helping you? Are you kidding me? I didn't want you running into me rookies LOL.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

LOL! It was probably in nuetral or the lanyard was out!
    2007 Mobius LSV

I don't know but i think next time dad better let one of them boys drive the truck or get in and start the boat for him. Makes me wonder how they got it off the trailer. Maybe pushed it or something. I don't know.

I always line the truck up for Claudia and then she backs me down into the water. I start the boat up and make sure its running a few seconds then i unlatch the D ring and back her off with boat power and when im clear of the trailer i wave her to pull away and park.

Ill be dammed if i put my boat in the water and it doesnt start and i have to figure out how to get that heavy beast back on the trailer and lined up on the bunks lol.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I was watching this take place and it was confusing from my view. I had no clue what was going on and why Mike was standing on his swim deck giving hi fives to the other boat. I also thought they where going to push you back up the ramp or into the shore line. Since i did not know what was going on i took the best rought and stayed away so another boat would not be in the way.