Thumbs up Running Cable/Wire From Port To Starboard

I'd posted this on another thread in general but thought i'd post in Mods as well to help those that don't know.

Scenario: Your installing a stereo or ipod cable and you need to get wiring or cables from one side to another, how do you do it?

Here's a little known tip on the Moombas, don't know if it applies to all or not but it did on my '07 LSV. It is super easy to run the cable from port to starboard without going around the bow. Most will say "yeah right!", but it is.

Open your front ballast/ski locker, push the bag down out of the way, stick your head in there and look towards the helm. You'll be able to see clear into the drivers footrest all the way to where the wires exit. It's a nice big hole. Now look towards the storage/battery locker. You'll see a lot smaller hole where the wires exit. This hole is the same hole your battery wires come out of. Now look forward in the ballast locker towards the bow, theres a length of PVC pipe glassed under the floor to run wires through from side to side.

If you use a coat hanger, wire pull or something like it and starting at the drivers footrest you can easily run it through the footrest to the locker then run it through the PVC and into the smaller hole on the otherside into the storage compartment. It took me all of ten minutes to do that and it's a heck of a lot easier than going around the bow! Saves time and money as you don't need as much wire or as long of cables!
    2007 Mobius LSV

works perfect... that is how I did it with my cable for the subwoofer amp, has an adjustment knob that is mounted by the driver so I can adjust on the fly!

Anyone have a tip for those of us with Outbacks that have no ski locker? Just the cooler in the middle of the floor?

You can easily run wires across an Outback. There is an access where the factory runs the battery cables and main CB panel from the passenger seat under the floor (in front of the cooler) to the driver's footwell. I ran my wired remote and the wires for my depth finder using a wire fish. Pretty easy.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier