Default snow board skiing

Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Sled491 Guest

Back in the day we used to have an annual Slush Cup at the bottom of our ski hill in front of the lodge. Never partook, just looked to painful

My kids and I did the Slush Cup at Chestnut Mtn in Galena IL last year. They build a huge pile of snow and get a snowcat in there and dig a 75' trench about 20' wide and 4-5' deep, put a big tarp down and fill out of the river. My son (13 at the time) made it all the way across his first try and my daughter (10 then) only got her feet wet. I went in hell bent for leather and made it 3/4's of the way before I got forward, did a nose dive and lost my ski in 4 feet of 33 degree water straight out of the Mississippi. I had to dive down a couple times to retrieve it. Darn, that was cold since I was wearing swim trunks, a t-shirt and ski boots. My son got another try and almost made it again. It was a ton of fun with a few hundred people cheering us on. We would have done it again this year, but they had it on the weekend we were in Winter Park/Mary Jane skiing the bumps. Ya only live once...

Sled491 Guest

I have a new respect for you man

Quote Originally Posted by sled491 View Post
    I have a new respect for you man
    Probably misplaced respect. If you're bored, check out the video. Skip the first 1:50 of the first one and you can sort of see me fall as my wife was scared to death. My son follows shortly after and then my daughter. The second video is my son's second try and shorter and less shaky (my hands, not hers).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAbFbA6gGP4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIxV7LsL7fE

Sled491 Guest

Still not gonna do it. Is that the whole hill? Or does it keep going over the hill?

That is the green run on the end. Top of the hill and the first couple hundred feet. There is a half mile of easy run below that. The place has about 500 feet of vertical. Nothing fancy, but our home hill.

Sled491 Guest

Pretty good considering where you live.