Default Drivers Seat, Trim Plate, Tower Pads

I own a 2002 moomba mobius- First off I love my new boat.
    Is there a pedistal or pad that moomba recommends for getting better hieght on drivers seat- I seem to sit to low.

I am have a hard time trimming out plate for salom skiers. I am assuming that this trim is for salom skiers and not to make more wake for wakeboarders as i had orginally thought it reads when trimmed all the way down only half trimmed? makes allot of noise pushing exhaust agains swim platform. can this plate be made bigger to flatten wake for salom skiers?
    Does moomba make any pads when tower is lowered ?

Moombaboarder,
    Congrats on the new boat. I will try to answer some of your questions. For the seat height, we offer a hi-lo bolster seat that would solve your problem. You could talk to your local dealer to see how hard that would be to add to your boat. As for the wake plate, that is a matter of preference. The gauge will only read 50% when fully deflected and 0% when in the full upright position. You may want to start in the 10 - 15 % range and then adjust it for your particular taste, speed, rope length, rooster tail location, etc. You will be surprised at how much 2 to 3 % can make so experiment a little and see what you like best. As to the tower, we do not currently offer pads for when the tower is lowered. I do recommend placing life jackets or towels under the tower to rest the tower on. A custom pad would be a good idea though. Hope that helps.
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

We use two pieces of pipe insulation. Slit it and it wraps around the tower bar perfectly and holds itself in place.

Default tower pads

oh yaaaaaaa

Default Tower Pads

In response to the tower pads:
    I am getting a new LSV and my dealer has some great tower pads that velcrow on and look great!
    they have the dealer name on them "Sidewayz" and work great when the tower is lowered. ( So I am told as I am waiting for my boat to arrive).
    You can call him at 970-224-3334
    Tell him Jim sent you and maybe he will get my LSV in a little quicker! ha

Default Tower Pads

I had some real concerns about laying my tower down on the hull of the boat even with pads or life jackets. They always seemed to fall out with the slightest movement of the tower. The idea I came up with is a 2x4 that is about 4 ft long with a notch in the end. I bungee the board to the front of the trailer with the notch end up and let the tower rest on it. Now the tower never comes in contact with the hull and I don't have to worry about pads slipping out. I can also manuver my trailer around without worrying about the tower. I have a very cramped garage to put the boat in and without this set up I could not do it. I was limited by the height of the garage opening as to how high the board could hold the tower. If your opening is taller, a set up like this could hold the tower high enough that an average height person would not hit their head.

Just another contraption.

Old Fogie Boarder

Default Tower Pads

Why Pads? I tried pads, towels, life jackets and nothing seemed to stay in place and work and I was always worried about the tower laying on the boat. Also, with it laying all the way down, you really have to duck to get under it.

What I did was cut a 2x4 about 4 ft long with a notch in one end. I strap it to the front of the trailer resting it on the tongue with the notch pointing upwards. I then lay the tower in the notch. Now I can easily move the trailer around with the tower down and I don't have to worry about it sitting on the hull and I give myself some head room. Works very well and I like it much better than the pads.
    Old Fogie Wakeboarder

Default Re: Tower Pads

Quote Originally Posted by Old fogie boarder
    Why Pads? I tried pads, towels, life jackets and nothing seemed to stay in place and at work and I was always worried ......... .
    I think he finally went with the ones that had wings!

B

I got a RackJack from YellowMobius. He even painted it to match my boat. Works great. Msg him for info.
    Jim Hagen
    Madison, Wisconsin
    facebook.com/signedgewraps

2011 Moomba Mobius LSV - Exiled
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold