Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jasonwm View Post
    We're working on a kit to convert the factory setup over to individual pumps for each bag, and my inclination is that it will make use of the factory manifold allowing you to simply replace the sprinkler valves with new pumps. I will post more information when I have it.

Interesting, Would you just remove the 2000 rule pump from the thru hull and add 3 800 tsunami pumps after the manifold? One question is that I know the tsunami pumps let water bleed past them- how would you stop that?

This could be very easy for someone who has the gravity 1 system to upgrade to a 3 bag ballast system. Include a wire harness and the new owner of my old boat would love to something like this.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

mombadaze
    I was having that same problem. That is why I tried the valves. Did not work. I tried a check valve, Did not work. Jason recommended the vented loop. I call him and he explained what I need to buy and what I need to do so that my new pump system will work. I just got in my new Vented Loops and will be installing them on the boat here very soon. I will post pictures of the install. I have to do some minor plumbing and that its. Oh also, I need to remove those @#$&! sprinkler valves. I really hope this works. I at my wits end with this project.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    Interesting, Would you just remove the 2000 rule pump from the thru hull and add 3 800 tsunami pumps after the manifold? One question is that I know the tsunami pumps let water bleed past them- how would you stop that?

This could be very easy for someone who has the gravity 1 system to upgrade to a 3 bag ballast system. Include a wire harness and the new owner of my old boat would love to something like this.
    Yes, just remove the factory Rule pump, remove the sprinklers and connect the new pumps to the wiring for the solenoids. Install a vented loop before each bag and you're set.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonwm View Post
    Yes, just remove the factory Rule pump, remove the sprinklers and connect the new pumps to the wiring for the solenoids. Install a vented loop before each bag and you're set.

Jason, I have added a tee fitting to my thruhull and have added a 800 tsunami that pumps directly to my surf bag( bypassing the manifold)- do you think I could keep that in place and add the 3 800 tsunami's after the manifold or even better keep the rule 2000 in place and have it feed the surf bag directly then remove the 800 tsumami at the tee and still use the 3 800 pumps after the manifold with the vented loops or would i be exceeding the amount of water flow the thurhull could handle?

What my vision is, is having the rule 2000 pump on the tee fitting filling directly to my surf bag. then the factory manifold haveing 3 800gph tsunami pumps

Does this make any sense? I had to draw it out on paper--warning very crude artwork
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

What size is the intake in your boat? Either one of those setups should work fine, I would go with whatever will cost the least (like reusing your the pumps you already have).

Could someone please explain what this vented loop is and how it works.

Thanks.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Yea me too. I know its a vacuum break but how does it stop the bags from filling underway?

PWI as usual...

X2 - i gotta need to know!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Ok fellow Moomba owners. This is a picture of a vented Loop.

Think of it as and upside down P-Trap. Malibu boats us the exact same thing in there boats. The pumps they are using is the 800GPH pahranna pumps. I saw it on my friends boat. If this works, it will get rid of those dumb A@# valves.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Thats a big IF. I'm still waiting for the how!

PWI as usual...