Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

As a matter of fact, I do have the Irritrol valve. I have the conventional valve. My 1200gph pumps do not produce enough pressure to open or push up on the diaphragm to let the water through. Now when I took the spring out, the water flowed like a champ when the pump was on. Now on the sown side, the water still flowed even when the pump was off. I ordered a different type of valve without a spring. It has a plunger and it is a low pressure valve. I hope it works if not, I hope your system works. I am running out of ideas.

this is the one that I used
    http://www.irritrol.com/valves/valves_205s.html
    Last edited by tazz3069; 05-19-2009 at 11:23 PM.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Do you have the flow through irritrol valve or just the conventional one. There is no spring in the 700 series above the close mechanism. There is a tiny spring on the arm that keeps it closed, but it can be overcome with very minimal pressure when the electro-magnet is engaged. In the pic above is the 1" with flow control that does have the spring, in the 3/4" there is not one and I had great success with the bench test and 2000gph pump opening three of them. With the pump running and the valves off, not water cam through, but I sill need to test just riding around to make sure they do not have a syphon effect. Good luck with the new valve.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

The 3/4" sounds better than the 1" I did change all the intake scoops to 1" though. I guess if your valve works I can use a 1" to 3/4" reducing bushing to make it work. Let me know when you water test the boat. I would really like to see the outcome of the test.
    Mark
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings

Quote Originally Posted by JesseC View Post
    Tazz,
    I hate to hear all of the trouble you are having. I am still waiting to try my new irrotrol valves. You may want to go get one of the 3/4" models and give it a try. I think they were around $30 a piece wheras the 1" were around $60. I have not lake tested mine yet, but should be on the water next weekend. This weekend I have to work and it looks like it is going to rain all weekend anyway. I was very impressed with my bench test using the new valves, that amount of water they flow is grately increased. It may be worth the $30 and a quick test, I went with the 3/4" ones without the flow control.

Here is what they were:

http://www.irritrol.com/valves/valves_700s.html

so this part IR-700B-75 - Irritrol 700 Series (UltraFlow®) 0.75" plastic models a direct replacement for my stock 2004 LSV ballast? because I cannot find the stock Orbit 3/4"FPT Auto Inline Valve P/N 57203 replacement anywhere!
    Last edited by etang789; 05-19-2009 at 11:42 PM.

etang--
    These valves are to replace the existing valves. These valves let the water flow alot more than the old valves. this will improve the fill time of the ballast bags.

Quote Originally Posted by tazz3069 View Post
    etang--
    These valves are to replace the existing valves. These valves let the water flow alot more than the old valves. this will improve the fill time of the ballast bags.
    Thanks a lot will order them right away!

OK just ordered 3 IR-700B-75 from sprinklerwharehouse.com

lets see what happens! Hope they work since one of my orginal valve is broken!

Cant wait!

Cool Remember, we are still in the testing phase of these valves. Jesse found these valves and will be Lake testing when weather permits. I will be testing a diferent style when I get it. When you get yours and lake test it, post the results for all of us. These sprinkler valves are the biggest joke in the world. I wish that I had the money to buy an 09' just for the ballast system. It would make all of our lives easier. Good luck and post your results.
    Tazz

Quote Originally Posted by tazz3069 View Post
    Cool Remember, we are still in the testing phase of these valves. Jesse found these valves and will be Lake testing when weather permits. I will be testing a diferent style when I get it. When you get yours and lake test it, post the results for all of us. These sprinkler valves are the biggest joke in the world. I wish that I had the money to buy an 09' just for the ballast system. It would make all of our lives easier. Good luck and post your results.
    Tazz
    What do you mean by lake testing it? If it works the same as the Orbit valves everything should be fine no?

Im trusting you guys on this Im ordering these valves and shipping them all the way to Hong Kong!

That means when the boat is in the water. With the pumps off, we need to see if any water comes through the valves both when the boat is in motion and when it is just sitting there. The second test is turn on the pump. See how much water comes out of the valve. Right now, with our current valves (sprinkler valves) the water that comes out is not that great.