Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Ballast Pump Failure

For those who plan and changing their pumps or the flow of the water in the valves, here is some news. I tried several things but nothing worked. First of all I was on the lake when I did this test. Even with my 1200gph pumps and stock valves, the water trickled out. Bummer!!!! Now I removed the spring, as suggested here on the site. The water was flowing. Great right. Not really. With the boat floating in the water, the spring out, and the pumps off, the water was still flowing through the valve. Now a better test. Still with the springs out, i was driving at 20 mph and the bags filled up by them self. I drained the bags and put the spring back in. The bags did not fill. I do not know what to do any more. My dealer told me that it will cost $2000.00 to retro my boat to the new system. Do not really want to spend that money especially if I have already done all the work. I have 3 intakes with 3 pumps for all the bags. One pump per bag. Really frustrated. Please help
    Tazz
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

I wouldn't think that there's any advantage to going to a single pump per bag unless the factory pump isn't supplying enough flow to max out the 3valve setup, which I would suspect it is doing just fine. removing the springs just means that the valves can't stay closed with pressure on them, as when the solenoids are off(no fill), the solenoid relies on the spring to keep them closed.
    the benefits to your system would be to upgrade to larger valves and 1" line I would think.
    so there was some talk about irrigator valves that use the solenoid to keep it closed and were an upgrade in commercial systems.
    any thoughts on that one?
    next question would be, since you are now 3pumps, how do mastercraft boats or nautique boats fill, since I believe they are 3pump systems as well, or what keeps the factory moomba/supra 3pump systems from filling while riding?

don't know the answers, but think that searching in some of these directions might hold the answers?
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I do know that they are using the Jabsco reversable pump. There are three pumps in the 09' boats. I did find a different valve that is not used for irrigation. I only ordered one of these. i will get it installed and test it again on the water. Or maybe test it in the drive way with a fake lake system. Well see. Not getting my hopes up.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings

interesting on the jabsco. makes sense. I think it was nautique that uses pumps mounted up high in the engine compartment. maybe they use a valve that would work?

The jabsco pumps(reversible) have a built it diaphragm in them. I went to a web sight and saw a parts list. There is a diaphragm that keeps the water from the opposite way unless the pump is astive.

oh.
    well, you can always use the system you have until the new valve comes in and you have a chance to try it. just open/close the valves on the bottom of the boat when you fill it up. kind of a pita, but better than not using the boat for a whole weekend.

keep us posted on the new valves..

I have other issues with the boat right now. Can get it looked at until next Wednesday.

Tazz, electronic ball valve sounds like what might work after the pumps, I've been looking for one but havent found one yet.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I had found some but they are very expensive. I found a different type of vlave. This valve does not use a spring. It has a plunger. I ordered one on Monday. When It get here, I will install it and test it with water pressure. The true test will be while sitting in the water. The Lake is about 45 min away from me. I think it is worth the drive to test the new valve. If it works with the Tsunami 1200gph pump that I have, then I will order two more. If everything work great, I will post my finding and were to buy when the test is over.

Tazz,
    I hate to hear all of the trouble you are having. I am still waiting to try my new irrotrol valves. You may want to go get one of the 3/4" models and give it a try. I think they were around $30 a piece wheras the 1" were around $60. I have not lake tested mine yet, but should be on the water next weekend. This weekend I have to work and it looks like it is going to rain all weekend anyway. I was very impressed with my bench test using the new valves, that amount of water they flow is grately increased. It may be worth the $30 and a quick test, I went with the 3/4" ones without the flow control.

Here is what they were:

http://www.irritrol.com/valves/valves_700s.html

15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In