Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Not so good first day out

We went on our official trip Camping trip of the year. Things started out great. Loaded the boat and went across to our favorite spot/ Set up the BBQ, tent, fire pit, and lots of alcohol. The nest morning we went got up to find out the wind really kicked up. We tried to make the best of things, so we went for a ride. First thing I noticed, is that the depth guage is not working. With the water levelslow, this is a very important instrument to have working. The second thing was the check engine light came on. So far everything runs fine. Light is still on over the weekend. The last thing that happened, is the new valves that I install for the new ballast pumps, did not work. The water was spitting out. I removed the spring, like some of you guys did and the water was coming in through the valve. The boat was just sitting in the water. I guess with the pressure, it forced the water through the valve. I put the spring back in, and the flow stopped. I turned on the pump and the water was spitting out again. For those who changed their valves, what kind and where to buy. Please help. I am very frustrated right now. Memorial day is coming and I have a broken boat. I am taking in to the shop on Monday to get the check engine light fixed and the depth gauge looked at. Please help me.
    Tazz
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Tazz, At higher speeds i do get water forcing its way thru the sprinkler valves so if i know i will be running fast i just close off the 2 thruhull valves
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I am guessing that with sprinkler valves, the spring is in there to keep them closed with most irrigation systems running 40psi and higher. if you remove the spring, there's nothing to keep pressure against them to keep them closed. I would suspect that upgrading to a true solenoid operated unit would be the best way, or upgrading to a larger valve/line/fitting system. personally, closing the thru-hull valve is a pita every time you want to run the boat.

having a faster filling ballast would be somewhat nice, but I don't have any time constraints when on the lake, so an extra 10 minutes to fill a larger sac is just more time to enjoy the weather and water.

sucks to hear about the rest of your issues. good luck at the dealer and hope it's nothing major or expensive...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

My depth gauge sensor came "unglued" from the hull once. Just something to check. It was working sporadically at the time.

When I was doing my ballast pump upgrade, I noticed that my Depth Sensor was loose. I put a thin layer of marine silicone on the face and reglue it to the exact location to which it was glue before. I also noticed that the wake plate gauge was bouncing all over the place. After a few taps on the gauge, it settled down. I think that the wires might have come loose at the gauge. I will have my dealership look at that also. I just hope that the boat will be ready for the weekend.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings

I noticed yesterday several times my depth gauge would display - - - and then kick back on at 90+ feet. Im guessing it only reads to 100 feet.

When i was in shallow water it seemed to be fine. I only got 5 feet as a lowest reading then i would start the boat and take it back to deeper water.

Sometimes i did notice the gauge would have a reading then go blank and come back on. Not sure if its a loose connection or not.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Angry

MM--
    Your depth gauge should read til 200 ft then display --- I talk with the dealer and they told me next week wednesday I can get in. That stinks. No boat for Memorial Day.

Interesting on the 200 feet. Well i will check the connections and such. Other then that unless i go someplace i know is deeper then 100 i wont know..LOL Deepest if got yesterday at Fall Creek was 97 feet that i recall.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Mike,

There are some very nice drop off's where you where at the other day. that is why your depth guage went to ---.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Well that would explain it then It was hit and miss when it would do it and generaly a few seconds later it would return. Well im glad to hear its all good.
    [COLOR="#696969"]