Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Perfect speed for 08 OBV

Does anyone know the perfect setup for slalom skiing behind an 08 OBV? I also have the wakeplate and a single 400 lbs bag in the center locker. Anyhelp would be great. There is this girl I like and she likes to slalom so I want to find the perfect speed so i can get her a great run.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Jester, wake plate all the way down. 28 to 32 mph. 15 or 22 off works great.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

If she like to slalom she'll tell you what speed and rope length.
    Remember - don't pull slalom from the tower...

Max speed for women is 34 mph. If she is a serious slalom skier I would expect her to be at 32 - 34. I would experiment with the wake plate at 32 mph. but I have no experience with a plate, so if those that know say all the way down - that would be the ticket.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Sled491 Guest

My guess is somewhere between 28 and 32 unless she really tears it up. You'll know by the way she talks. Figure min 15 ft off. As I understand from others wake plate down to lift the stern up a bit and flatten out the wake. Obviously no extra weight.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the posts. Guess i will put the boat crew on the tube when she skies to kill the extra weight. So when you guys say 15ft off what do you mean?
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Jester,

15 off refers to the amount of rope being shortened from a standard 75ft line, so a line with the multi color sections. white I beleive is the 1st 15ft, the rest of the colored sections should be 7ft each ( you can get an 8 section rope or a pro 10 section rope).

this positions the skier's distance behind the boat. Ie. 75ft = 0 off, 60 ft back = 15ft off, 53 ft back = 22 off, etc. with the v drive pylon it is a few feet back of the direct drive so the measurements are slightly off but you can get the point. If you don't have a multi colored section ski rope, get one before she skiis.
    http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/search.cgi
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Ok that makes alot more since. My wakeboarding rope has differnt sections and i can go down to 60 ft. Thank you for the the help.

I thought i herd someplace that Wake boarding line doesn't flex and a Skier wants a line that flexes?
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

The take off loops are
    15 off
    22 off
    28 off
    32 off
    35 off
    38 off
    39.5 off
    41 off
    43 off

Most rec skiers will be bwteeen long-line (0 off) and 28 off. If you want to impress her get a nice rope that has at least loops down to 32 off. When you shorten the rope for her, do not just loop the loop over the pylon. Either make a double loop by placing the loop over, twist, and loop again (may be a little tight), OR take the long end of the rope (part that leads to handle ) and push it thorugh the loop, then put that loop over the pylon.

Skiers do not normally ski on the Spectra type line that wakeboarders use, but too much stretch is not good either. If you get a multi-colored multi-loop rope (somewhere besides K-mart, Wal-Mart, or Target) you should get a satisfactory rope.

And when you talk skiing, tell her your favorite slalom skiers are Andy Mapple and Chris Rossi, and you have a friend that has been to Ski Paradise, http://www.skiparadise.com/acapulco.html, in Acapulco and it rocks.

Good luck.
    Dave
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

You guys just want me to spend more money. lol. Thank you for your help. Guess I will be getting a ski rope now.