Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stereo Makeover

Default Stereo Makeover

So i finally finished for the most part, still need to finalize my new sub box to reatain it on top of the footrest yet accomodate the needs of the Polk 10" DVC sub, the Memphis 10" sub is still rockin' it for now. I retained the four JBL Audio P693 Power Series 6X9's as they put out some serious sound! I did have to pull four new strands of 16ga to the tower for each one, not to bad though. So here's what i did, forgot to get a shot of the matching transom remote though, dang!

Polk MoMo MMC 650 6.5" interior speakers. These things are super sweet! Crystal clear sound when driven with the proper power!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Mobius LSV

Amps (uncarpeted and carpeted), Remotes and bass knob (hidden under dash).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Mobius LSV

DUH! Shoulda posted this under Mods!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Very nice. Like the finished look.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I like it Razz.

Couple questions.

What amp is running your tower? I am shopping for tower speakers and jsut cant figure out what i want.

On your 6x9s whats the little box hanging off them? Is that a cross over? Also if those are in the tower does that box go inside and does it rattle? What did you do to make it not rattle?

Did you put the Polks threw the entire interior? 6 total? What power rating is that amp?

Thanks
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

mmandley, I'll try and answer 'em one at a time below ;

What amp is running your tower?
    Kicker ZX650.4 / 4 channel tested to 677 watts peak obviously wired in at one 6X9 per channel

I am shopping for tower speakers and jsut cant figure out what i want.
    These JBL's are loud and really handle the power

On your 6x9s whats the little box hanging off them? Is that a cross over?
    Exactly

Also if those are in the tower does that box go inside and does it rattle?
    No rattle at all in my Loud Liquid 'glass box

What did you do to make it not rattle?
    Bought Velcro Extreme at Home Depot, velcroed the crossovers right to the speaker magnet. Doesn't move!

Did you put the Polks threw the entire interior? 6 total?
    Exactly, didn't think they'd fit the bow but they did with a very slight mod

What power rating is that amp?
    If you mean the interior amp, Kicker ZX700.5 / 5 channel tested to 976 watts peak. Ran the four rear cabins parallel on CH 1/2, the bow speakers on CH 3/4 and sub on the Class D channel
    2007 Mobius LSV

Nicely done!

PWI as usual...

Sweet thanks Razz im trying to do different things and im pretty fare out of sync with the stereo market. I know how to install it all but jsut dont know whats really good for my money.

I need to find a good 6x9 tower set up singles for now. Get that done this summer and then i can start looking into the other upgrades for tunes.

I am already working on trying to find a local boat place to buy parts at like the 12v power plug to replace the rear light pole plug, and then i want to get that flip over bow light like the Supra has, leds, swim deck cover, and i realy like Newty's handle around his swim deck.

Just have this cash flow problem..my mind spends it faster then my hands make it LOL. I hate to use my credit cards. So easy to get in a jam with those bad boys
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

nice, how did you fasten the mounting board that the amps are mounted on to the boat? I am currently trying to find a place to mount my amp on my 02 outback.

Thanks Newty!

Mmandley, Don't know what your budget is for tower speakers but best bang for the buck imo is the kicker KMT6 setup, can be had all over ebay for around $250 and these suckers really put out some sound if driven right. You could get an amp, speakers and all neccessary stuff for around $500!

I put the flip-up bow light on mine last year, Overton's has them now, Aqua Signal.

Newty has a handle around the swimstep ala Supra?! OK i gotta see that one!
    2007 Mobius LSV