Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Another new Owner

Hey all.

Picking up my '08 LSV tomorrow from the dealer.

Two questions:

1.) Should the cover be removed for transport to avoid any strap damage to the paint?

2.) Does the Z5 Cargo Rack need to be removed for highway speeds? Got about 20 miles on hwys to bring her home.

Thanks.

I tow with my snap cover on, no problems. i assume you can tow with the z cargo up but i would check with the dealer.

Welcome and enjoy. Post some pics.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing your pics! Congrats!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't tow with the mooring cover on, the straps will vibrate in the wind and scratch your gel coat.
    2008 LSV

Here's a pic as she sits at the dealer. I'll get more once she gets home and "unwrap" her.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like it! Orange is the new lime green!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

One other question, how much off a drop do I need for my tow hitch so she will sit level. Have a 2" drop, but thinking I might need more.

I'd have to see your vehicle. Best thing to do is hitch it up and take a look. Or crank the trailer jack so the boat is sitting level and measure to the ground. Then measure your hitch from the ground. Don't forget to compensate for the tongue weight if you do this.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

The drop all depends on your vehicle, ideally though you want the hitch 18-20" off the ground i believe it is. Congrats on the new ride, looks good! Welcome to the club!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Congrats on the pretty lady.

Hitch Height 18-21 inches loaded is the Boat tongue height. Depending on your truck height and dip when the boat is hooked up depends on the adjustment needed. Boat sits to far forward then your adding to much tongue wight to the truck. Too much weight makes the trailer tow funky and unstable.

Z5 cargo rack is designed to be pulled ont he highway but i wouldnt plan on more then a hour or two total it has 4 quick release levels and can be taken off pretty easy if you have a place to store it during travel.

Boat cover. The Moomba cover is designed as a travel cover and is more then durable enough for it.

Cautions- When strapping it down put a Twist in the strap to its not flat on the boat or is will vibrate something wicked. Also if you plan to toe it for long distances go buy a roll of 2ft wide clear syran wrap like packing plastic you see on shipping creats and wrap the boat a few times were the cover meets the mid line of the boat. This will make sure you don't get scratches. The cover will scratch the boat and chrome trim but it is buffable.

These are the tips i was given from AWS when i bought mine and asked those same questions.
    Last edited by mmandley; 05-14-2009 at 07:32 PM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]