Default Check engine light and warning on display

After taking delivery after winter storage I noticed a check engine light and the screen posted a warning on the display : catalyst inactive on gasoline (bank one). Not sure why my dealer didn’t notice this before they brought my boat to slip but when I called they said its due to a bad oxygen sensor. Boat is only two years old (only used last season) but they claim it’s not uncommon for them to go bad that quickly and that it’s under warranty. They can’t service it for another month but they claim it’s fine to use boat until then. Any thoughts on this?

It should be fine to use, I had a similar issue on first startup last season and took care of it myself, link below:

Diagnostic Code 4238
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    It should be fine to use, I had a similar issue on first startup last season and took care of it myself, link below:

Diagnostic Code 4238
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app
    That’s good to hear thanks for the input and link. I’m not very handy so I’ll leave it to the dealer . They said it’s under warranty and that they won’t even charge me to come pick up the boat and return it afterward to my slip.

Quote Originally Posted by Bch53211 View Post
    After taking delivery after winter storage I noticed a check engine light and the screen posted a warning on the display : catalyst inactive on gasoline (bank one). Not sure why my dealer didn’t notice this before they brought my boat to slip but when I called they said its due to a bad oxygen sensor. Boat is only two years old (only used last season) but they claim it’s not uncommon for them to go bad that quickly and that it’s under warranty. They can’t service it for another month but they claim it’s fine to use boat until then. Any thoughts on this?
    drive it around little, sometimes it goes away.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I've personally had my '21 Max out once and got a CEL, which we didn't get one on the demo. They did say when we did the demo that these boats do not like idling for long periods of time and that you may get one while you're putting around learning functions. They said that 99% of the time they're related to the O2 sensors. He said to pop it out and spray it with carb cleaner if it doesn't clear. The other thing they said is that the boats tend to throw more in the colder water.

Does anyone know if there's a way to clear the light? I have all the OBD2 gear for autos, considering getting Diacom for the boat. Between all my friends who have boats, the kit to cover the Indmar would cover most of their boats as well.
    '21 Moomba Max

Yeah these raptors throw codes for 02’s pretty easy. I think you can clear codes in the screen that tells you what the error codes are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Yeah these raptors throw codes for 02’s pretty easy. I think you can clear codes in the screen that tells you what the error codes are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. Hopefully the river isn't running too hard this weekend and we can take the boat out. I'll check the menu then, I didn't see it at the time but it's all very new to me.
    '21 Moomba Max