Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by jasonwm View Post
    A 750 in the walkway with an Integrated Bow Sac under the front seats would be a good combo with 1500lbs. in the back of the boat.
    drewdwn - Reading this thread and contemplating the potential weight makes me concerned about how low your Outback will be sitting in the water -- especially with 750 lbs in the bow. It would seem to me there will be little room for driver error as you navigate waves and rough water. I have only the factory rear ballast and could be completely wrong about this. Just telling you my gut feel. If you ramp up with additional ballast, be careful out there. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

So long as weight is added fairly evenly to the front and back of the boat, the attitude of the boat in the water won't change very much. The entire boat will be sitting lower, but at we're not talking about enough weigh to make a huge difference there. Almost any inboard will take water over the nose if you're not careful, and obviously adding more ballast increases the likelihood that will happen, but it doesn't be cause for extreme caution.

Thanks for all your help. I think i'm going to get a 750lbs bag for the walk thru and will keep the sofa in the back, that should be close to the 60/40 ratio, plus a couple of bikinis in the front will aslo help.
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by drewdwn View Post
    plus a couple of bikinis in the front will aslo help.

I want pictures.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

As soon as it gets warm enough i'll take some!
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin