Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ballast pump.

Default Ballast pump.

I was wondering if any of you have cahnged out your ballast pump. My left side pump filled fine yesterday but when I went to drain it nothing. It happened to me last year also and it was just a fuse but I checked the fuse and it looked fine. How hard is it to do? what pump is it? I have an 06' LSV. Please help.....

Look in the modifications category there's lot's of info on modifying and changing the pumps.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Up until 2009, Moomba used one Rule 2000GPH pump to fill the system (divided amongst up to three bags using the solenoid valves), and an individual 800GPH pump at each bag to drain.

It sounds like your drain pump for that bag has failed. You may be able to repair it, but for the cost of a replacement pump ($30ish), it's probably not worth your time. Order a new 800GPH replacement pump from your dealer or another source (any pump with 3/4" NPT fittings will work fine), and you're looking at 15 minutes or so to swap it out.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonwm View Post
    Up until 2009, Moomba used one Rule 2000GPH pump to fill the system (divided amongst up to three bags using the solenoid valves), and an individual 800GPH pump at each bag to drain.

It sounds like your drain pump for that bag has failed. You may be able to repair it, but for the cost of a replacement pump ($30ish), it's probably not worth your time. Order a new 800GPH replacement pump from your dealer or another source (any pump with 3/4" NPT fittings will work fine), and you're looking at 15 minutes or so to swap it out.
    Is the model number Rule 203FC? or 403FC?

I need to get one online and ship it to HK ASAP any help here?

Quote Originally Posted by etang789 View Post
    Is the model number Rule 203FC? or 403FC?

I need to get one online and ship it to HK ASAP any help here?

Here is what I found online:

203FC Pro Series 700 LW Pump, Seacock Fitting
    No longer available, replaced by the 403FC

I replaced mine with the 203FC, but it appears it is no longer available. I wonder if there will be clearance issues with the new 403fc?? I think I would really try and locate the 203fc personally, I am going to order a few 203fc models just in case!!

Here is the 403fc:

and the old 203fc:
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Z View Post
    I was wondering if any of you have cahnged out your ballast pump. My left side pump filled fine yesterday but when I went to drain it nothing. It happened to me last year also and it was just a fuse but I checked the fuse and it looked fine. How hard is it to do? what pump is it? I have an 06' LSV. Please help.....
    That's really ironic my lsv just did the exact same thing! Left side drain pump inop fuse good power and ground to the pump good. Removed the pump and found that it internally leaked water into the electrical portion and turned into a brown muddy rust mess!! I found the pumps on eBay for $14 each so I got 2 just incase.

Quote Originally Posted by vkkovach View Post
    That's really ironic my lsv just did the exact same thing! Left side drain pump inop fuse good power and ground to the pump good. Removed the pump and found that it internally leaked water into the electrical portion and turned into a brown muddy rust mess!! I found the pumps on eBay for $14 each so I got 2 just incase.
    I am glad you are going to finally fix this. I am tired of emptying that 750 lb by hand. I was about to uninvite myself from going on your boat anymore! But if it happens to me im sure you will return the favor.
    Life's great when im on the water in my 05 XLV!

Quote Originally Posted by Trashy View Post
    I am glad you are going to finally fix this. I am tired of emptying that 750 lb by hand. I was about to uninvite myself from going on your boat anymore! But if it happens to me im sure you will return the favor.
    Remember I can't lift anything I'm broken! Oh did I say. I got the pumps from eBay? You might want to go look under your cover! I know where you park your boat! What's really crazy is 3 boats with left side drain pump problems and mine is the only one fixed on the same day yours broke!! By the way I'm back online at work via blackberry!!! Technology at its finest!

Default continuation of ballast pump question

My ballast I system would not fill. I do not use it much but i wanted to try it out over the weekend. It worked fine last season. the lights go on, on the switch. where do I start? is there a fuse near the fill pump? I keep it on the lift , so i fill as i am moving to prime the pump. Did the dealer miss something summerizing it?

Thanks in advance.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Check to make sure the pump is actually running when you flip the switch. You should be able to hear it, but you'll definitely be able to feel it vibrate with you hand.

If your pump is running, make sure the ball valve in the hose running to the pump is open. Some dealers close those during winterization to keep any water out of the system.