Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My first thought is carpet on the inside walls generaly means thats the hull and you wont want to mount there. Theres ribs for the framming and thats where i would mount to. I know im my boat the amps are mounted to a board that has matching carpet so you can get the amps secure with 4 bolts. Then that panel is mounted with 2 screws to a rib that is under the passenger dash.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Same issue though, does the amp mount directly on the carpet, or should there be spacers?

i am getting ready to mount my amp. I have picked up a cutting board ($10) from Wallyworld (cant find starboard locally) going to mount the amp and hardware to it and then use the bolts that are from the bow seat backing. they stick trhu about 1.5 inches. since you should not have to mess with it , will be up and out of the way. just have to get the wife to crawl in there, a little tight for me.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

That's the same spot I was thinging, and the cutting board sounds like a good idea

yup sounds good to me also. You can put some spacers there if you want but not really needed the amp shouldnt have air vents on the bottom anyhow. It should have a side fan or vents on the top for cooling.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Here is a post I started, may have some helpful info:
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=7315
    It is better barefoot!

Mcdye,

I did the cutting board thing for my amp. It worked great. I bolted mine behind the passenger seat on the port side in the space between the inner and outer hull. I wired it before I installed and don't get me wrong it was a pain. The nice part about that location is that it is totally hidden from site, protected from everything, takes up zero useable space, and just by poking my head in the large hinged door compartment I can see all of my amp controlls.
    05 LSV - Any color as long as it's RED