Thread: speaker help

Default speaker help

I got new polk momo speakers for my outback. when i took out the stock ones and went to put in the polk ones i get that nasty ring of indented vinyl around the outside of the polk speakers because the stock speaker grills are larger than the polk ones.

so my question is how you goo about fixing that? do you by different grills for the new speakers or will the vinyl straighten out?

jesse c has a link to his signature to many projects. he cuts out an o ring to compensate for that.

http://lisaandjesse.5u.com/MoombaSpeakerProject/
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I had this same issue on my old Tigé when restoring it. I cut some rings out of 1/8" cutting board i bought at the dollar store and covered them in a complimentary colored vinyl. I used 3M Super 77 spray adhesive to adhere the vinyl to the rings, worked like charm the entire time i had it and nobody knew. I thought i might have to do the same with my MoMo's on the LSV but carpet is more forgiving and i just had to brush and lift the pile.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Mobius LSV

thanks alot. those speakers look great

What I did was ordered Polk Audio DB675 which is one size up and cut the speaker holes slightly larger to fit them... And these DB675 will cover the vinyl indent nicely...

But Im stuck in the position that Polk Audio doesnt seem to make these anymore! And I think I will need replacement very soon since the front pairs are starting to get rusty around the tweeter!