Thread: Ballast System

Default Ballast System

I just got back from putting hours 5, 6, and 7 on my new Mobius-D. It seems the ballast system is taking on water when I’m running down the lake. Is this normal? Is there a way to stop it?

It was great fun taking my first pull behind my new boat (What a feeling!) The water was a little cold but when my son (10 years old) and his friend started jumping in the water with only a life jacket I figured I could give it a go with a Ski Warm semi-dry suit. Boy, am I out of shape but I had fun.
    The BleuRue

Default Replying to Topic 'Ballast System'

My 03 Mobius did the same thing when I first took it out. If you have an owners manual it will show you how to fix that. My manual is in my boat which is still in storage, so I'm going off memory.
    Under the passanger side of the engine is a small switch/valve on the pump, just switch it in the opposite direction that it is currently and that should solve your problem. Water is flowing in and out freely and when your cruising across the lake water fills the ballast.
    Hope that helps.
    I hope to be getting my boat out soon, weve been having a few nice days here in Oregon, and I'm getting the itch!

One more question for you guys since you're talking about the ballast system on an '03 Mobius. Regarding the ballast switches, there are the 2 located under the throttle lever that I use to fill and empty the bags. I noticed the third one mounted on the console by the accessory switches, but it doesn't seem to have any function. Is this just an extra switch in case you add to the system later or am I missing something here?

Thanks for the info on the free flow switch I’ll check it out. Oh, the owners manual sounds like a good resource also (were did I put that thing).

My ‘04 Mobius only has the one on the console. I only have a rear tank, factory installed. The console switch is a three position switch with the up position being fill, the middle position being off, and the down position being empty. Not sure where they would mount another switch if I had the front ballast.
    The BleuRue

Brian Raymond Guest

If you have the (2) 3 position ball. switches separate from the others, under the shifter, then, the 3 position ACC switch on the main shift panel, is for your use of added options. Brian Raymond