Default bad drivers suck...

3 lane rd, all the same direction. Girl - Far right lane, me - far left lane. Girl decides to cut across 3 lanes to make a left in a parking lot. cuts right in front of me and there was nothing i could do. Only doing about 25 mph and hit the brakes but collision still happened. Tahoe 1, Acura-0. Either way my bumper is bent up into my tire so it has to be towed in to get fixed. So now I have no tow vehicle until the insurance company decides to fix it. Rental car won't let you tow, tried that.

Not a good way to start the season...
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV Black/Grey
    Board - 08 Ronix Covin / 08 Ronix Cells
    Surf - CWB Tsunami
    Audio - 6 - JL M650-CCX 6.5" in boat
    2 - JL M770-ETX 7.7" on Tower
    2 - JL 10" W1 Subs
    JL M6600W & JL M1700W Amps

Glad to hear your OK. Had the similar thing happen. This lady was on the phone, and if I wasn't paying attention, my family and I would have ended up in the hospital. She was going so fast that she skidded all the way through the intersection. She missed my bumper by inches. Really glad to hear your OK. Not so glad to hear about your vehicle. Hope it gets fixed fast. Summer is upon us.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Hmmmm. Assuming the other driver is 100% at fault, I think you are entitled to rent a vehicle that replaces the vehicle you are unable to use. Your insurance company may not pay for it but ultimately the other driver will have to if she's liable. Think about it. If you took out a UPS truck do you think UPS would settle for renting a Hyundai or would demand loss of use of a UPS truck? Yes, you will have to foot the bill and take the risk, but you should be able to recover the cost. You can call her insurer and ask if they are going to accept liabilitly or if they would also like to pay your attorney. They may just authorize the rental of a truck that will tow.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Glad nobody got hurt, but that does stink.

For a quick trip to the lake, you might be able to rent a pickup from U-Haul. It may not be appealing, but I'm pretty sure deafgoose used one to drop his boat in last year.

edit: found link that shows the uhaul pickup w/ DG's boat

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ighlight=truck
    Last edited by wolfeman131; 05-07-2009 at 11:40 AM.

It is good to hear you are ok. Now this thing about not taking your boat out on the lake would fall into the mental harm that was done to you becasue of the accedent. Shoot people are getting millions for dropping hot coffee on them selfs so not being able to take your Moomba out is a lot more painful then that. Well atleast in my mind it is. I do agree with the U-haul idea since they allow you to tow. YOu have to love insurance. You pay them and they dont even let you get the correct replacment for your car when somthing happens.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

I'm a P&d driver for USF Reddaway, I drag around a 48 ft box all day long around Sacramento Ca. Don't get me started on bad drivers lol.

Hope the situation is taken care of quickly !

Maybe your damage is more substantial..But cant you just tell them to take the bumper off and drive it with out it? I see people all the time with no front bumpers on the roads.

The rental car companies wont allow you to toe because the people renting there cars already have enough issues driving without a few thousand pounds in tow. Could you imagine getting hit by them with a trailer of some sort behind them.

I was going to suggest the U Haul truck idea as well.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Sled491 Guest

Dude, that just sucks. Glad all is well. There is always a way to get the boat to the lake, you just have put on your thinking cap

yes situation sucks. tahoe went to shop today, hope to get back by next friday, so next weekend is on. rental company gave me an F150, but no towing is there policy. policy sucks, but is understandable considering some of the ppl i have seen towing with there own vehicles. Trucked reaked aweful of cigarette smoke so took it back and they gave me an avalon. definitely no towing with that. Oh well i guess mothers day isn't a bad weekend to not have a boat. Although its supposed to be 95 and sunny saturday... OK i'm bitter, this sucks.....

Wreck completely her fault, insurance accepted liability so only thing I pay for is gas in the rental.

SC_LSV
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV Black/Grey
    Board - 08 Ronix Covin / 08 Ronix Cells
    Surf - CWB Tsunami
    Audio - 6 - JL M650-CCX 6.5" in boat
    2 - JL M770-ETX 7.7" on Tower
    2 - JL 10" W1 Subs
    JL M6600W & JL M1700W Amps

Glad you are okay too. I was recently on the I-95 in the slow lane (I was trailering my boat). A driver in the left lane (three lanes over) comes shooting across, slams on his breaks so he can make the exit. I slammed on my breaks (with visions of a 4000lb + boat driving through the rear bed of my pickup), the trailer's break locked, and white smoke was billowing from the trailer's tires. I came with an inch of rear ended the SOB. He then figured me, and drove on the grass to catch the exit ramp! I was in a great mood then

Anyway, people have no respect for the road - especially for people with trailers.

In regards to rental, I recently was relocated with a full corporate move. The company paid for everything - except for the move of my boat. At the time, I did not have a good tow vehicle. And for the fact that I had to drive over some mountains, I needed to rent a truck. Hertz, Alamo, ect.. will not allow a tow (or the one way rental of a pick up). I found a local rental place in my new area that allowed towing. I then rented the truck, and made a road trip. I am sure you can find a local rental company that will allow towing.