Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Moomba Owner

My Dad just got a 2008 Moomba XLV. It has the bigger motor and the bigger ballast system. He got it because we wanted to wakeboard and wake surf. I have a few questions about the boat.

How long does the ballast take to fill and to empty?

Will having the bow and both ballasts in the back use up all of the storage?

Do I fill the ballasts all the way up for wakeboarding? and how do I trim the wake plate?

Thanks Everyone!

Welcome to the site and congrats to your dad and yourself for a new boat.

Ballast i have an LSV and it takes about 10 minutes to fill and about 15 or so to drain.

The center ballast when full takes the entire compartment..mine actually over fills and causes the door to opena little so i don't fill it all the way. The 2 in the rear will fill the area about 50% but i don't recommend having anything in there until after the bags are full then i only put light things like life vests and such because i don't want to risk damaging my bags.

You can fill the ballast all the way up it all depends on how big a wake you want and how experienced you. Id recommend you try with them empty and if you want more wake then start adding water to them. No sence in working the engine harder then needed and using more fuel.

Wake plate in short Up position allows the rear ov the boat to sink in deeper but at the cause of the nose rising up very high.

Lower the plate causes the ass end of the boat to rise a little more and brings the nose of the boat down considerably, also slows the boat down in respect to top end speeds.

If you click the general tab down a bit is a subheading for Wake boarding and theres a topic exactly about the wake plate and how it works.

Also to make it work theres a level looks a lot like a turn signal on a car and then a gauge by the throttle to tell you the positioning of it.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Congrats! You're going to love it. Post some pics and be sure to tell Dad about the forums here so he knows he can get help and answers to questions. Have fun!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the site and family.

If you are new to wakeboarding then i would not recommend filling the bags all the way to start out. I would leave them empty until your use to wakeboarding. For the wakeplate i use it more to cleanup the wake. Depending on how many people are in the boat really depends on where i have my wakeplate set so i can get a good lip on the wake.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Default Thanks

Thanks for the help everyone

Here are pictures for those who asked. Is there anything else my Dad and I should know about it.

CWC, welcome to you and the Fam. Pics did not show...
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

One last important thing that we missed. You may have tons of fun on the boat. Please contain yourselves as much as possible. The fun will last for a long time. You might even get a tingling sensation in your brain. Do not worry this is normal to all Moomba owners. I have had my boat for about two seasons no and still have that feeling. Have a great time, take it slow. We are here to help your. Just ask.
    Tazz

Oh by the way. Welcome to the Family.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

you will smile all winter long. Welcome.
    We like to MOOMBA MOOMBA!

Tazz has said it right. You will also find yourself in the winter sitting in your Moomba having a cold one just becasue. Dont worry that is normal and not crazy.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill