Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thanks a lot guys, going to buy one this afternoon and going to get the boat all ready for a year of riding! I'm so pumped.

I am on my 3rd pump now-
    1st was the pump you add to a drill--worked ok-but messey,
    2nd was the type you hook to the boat battery--piece of junk.
    3rd--same type JesseC has and after 3yrs works great.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    I am on my 3rd pump now-
    1st was the pump you add to a drill--worked ok-but messey,
    2nd was the type you hook to the boat battery--piece of junk.
    3rd--same type JesseC has and after 3yrs works great.
    I have been using mine for about 4 years now. Also works great for servicing the lawnmowers and pulling trans fluid out of the truck so the pan is not quite so full when changing the trans filter!!
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Ok, so I have a question now. Ohe oil speced for the Vdrive is SAE30. Does that mean 10W30 is fine? I bought Penzoil 10W30 but haven't actually changed this fluid yet.

Thanks for all the great tips.

Took the boat to the marina tonight and let it run on the trailer for a 10-15 minutes to let the engine warm up before i changed the oil. I noticed for a short time after I revved the engine a bit that the temp went way up but then came down. I got a little worried. has anyone else ever noticed this?

Default 501

Could be that your water impeller is old and worn out or you dont have enough water pressure from teh hose. I notice if I run my boat on the hose from my well i dont get as much pressure as if I use the house off the city water. Temps seem to be a little higher on the well but still within range.

Quote Originally Posted by 501 View Post
    Ok, so I have a question now. Ohe oil speced for the Vdrive is SAE30. Does that mean 10W30 is fine? I bought Penzoil 10W30 but haven't actually changed this fluid yet.

Thanks for all the great tips.

Took the boat to the marina tonight and let it run on the trailer for a 10-15 minutes to let the engine warm up before i changed the oil. I noticed for a short time after I revved the engine a bit that the temp went way up but then came down. I got a little worried. has anyone else ever noticed this?
    I would use SAE30.

When you first start the water temp will go up above normal a little, then once the theromsat opens should drop back down.

As mentioned, once it is warm and temp changes, check the fresh water impeller. If not sure when last change....definitly check it.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

Quote Originally Posted by JesseC View Post
    Also works great for servicing the lawnmowers and pulling trans fluid out of the truck so the pan is not quite so full when changing the trans filter!!
    Thanks for the tip. I need to change the mower oil and I usually make quite a mess doing this. This will help immensely. And I also need to service my tranny on the Suburban. I have taken a cooling line loose and pumped out fluid but using the ole sucker will make this much easier. I would never have even thought of it (not sure why my brain compartmentalizes boat stuff with boat maintenance like that -- probably because I'm an old outboard guy). I owe you a cold one Jesse.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I need to change the mower oil and I usually make quite a mess doing this. This will help immensely. And I also need to service my tranny on the Suburban. I have taken a cooling line loose and pumped out fluid but using the ole sucker will make this much easier. I would never have even thought of it (not sure why my brain compartmentalizes boat stuff with boat maintenance like that -- probably because I'm an old outboard guy). I owe you a cold one Jesse.
    No problem, I am looking forward to that cold one!! I was making the same mess with my mower just leeting the oil run on the deck and cleaning it up before buying the evac pump. I use it on everything except fuel. Has made re-using coolant easy when changing vehicle water pumps. I just unbolt the lid, clean it out real good and then pull all the anit freeze out, change the pump and then put it back, no more waste!!
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Avoid the antifreeze mess when changing water pumps? Make that two cold ones.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I dont know if someone mentioned it yet, but what type of fluid goes in the transmission. Standard ATF? or something else. I have an 07 LSV