Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It happens. Hate to say it but it does. A good wax can take care of alot of things. Alot of us are also starting to use a product called Leverage that gives the boat a nice polish. I always have my boat crew pull me back to the boat from the rope just becasue it is easer then swimming.

Also are you going to be wakeboarding in Eugene this weekend?
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Yea i didn't mind it when i was on the tube but i was able to steer more. On the wake board my GF came along the side of me and i told her i was done for now because i was in the water for about 45 minutes and my arms were getting a bit numb with no wet suit LOL. So my buddy was dragging me and the board is doings its thing and im going backwards so i could t steer myself very well LOL. Yea i herd the Leverage a few times, is it an online product? Or at the local stores? Moomba only had McGuires so i got a bottle of McGuires Boat Wax and its really nice and i have been using McGuires for years on my truck.

No Jester we wont make it to Dex this weekend i have to work Saturday night. Im hoping the weekend of the 15th will be nice and we can make it down. If so ill get in contact with you see if we can meet up and go out.

Speaking of wax and polish..Moomba gave me this sample interior conditioning product do you guys recommend a product for cleaning and conditioning the interior so it stay clean and soft?
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Good luck. I had the same thing happen with my white 21V. Gas expanded, ran out the filler and the rub rail channeled it around to the back of the boat where it ran down the hull. I keep my boat well waxed but it didn't help. The combination of gas and it sitting in the sun really stained the rub rail and left yellow stains on the hull and the drip molded decals. I tried everything I could think of from polish to rubbing compound to acetone with no luck. The end result was that three of the four sections of rail were replaced along with the decals. The skin for one of the cushions on the sun deck also had to be replaced where the cover soaked up the gas and wicked up onto it. The hull had to be sanded and re-shot. Total damages were in the $1800 range.

Quote Originally Posted by lowdrag View Post
    Good luck. I had the same thing happen with my white 21V. Gas expanded, ran out the filler and the rub rail channeled it around to the back of the boat where it ran down the hull. I keep my boat well waxed but it didn't help. The combination of gas and it sitting in the sun really stained the rub rail and left yellow stains on the hull and the drip molded decals. I tried everything I could think of from polish to rubbing compound to acetone with no luck. The end result was that three of the four sections of rail were replaced along with the decals. The skin for one of the cushions on the sun deck also had to be replaced where the cover soaked up the gas and wicked up onto it. The hull had to be sanded and re-shot. Total damages were in the $1800 range.
    OK then. It's settled.

Just as I had already told my better half when she was giving me the business about the stain, "We'll just get a new boat!"