Thread: Bimini Top

Default Bimini Top

I was recently at my local Moomba dealer and asked about getting a bimini top for my 03 Outback with tower. I was quoted $800 (not installed). This was for an OEM bimini. Is this the going price for an OEM bimini? Seemed kinda high.
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

I think mine was 550 but that was a pick one of four and it was installed.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I have one for the supra rad-a-cage tower if it will fit yours as well? will be MUCH less than that. brand new, grey in color.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Same as JV for me - $550 option

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I have one for the supra rad-a-cage tower if it will fit yours as well? will be MUCH less than that. brand new, grey in color.
    Send me a PM with a price. You said it was new? with all the hardware? I might be interested but might be a little bit. Kind of short of cash.
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

shipping would be the biggest issue, as it's in a box that's 4ft by 3ft by 5 inches. talked about having to send truck, but I'll look into it.
    talk to your local supra dealer and see if it's compatible. it fits the launch 21,22ssv and 24ssv rad-a-cage towers.
    it's brand new. we tried to install it on my 20ssv and due to the width of the beam, it takes a different bimini, so we never did get it installed.
    retail was around $600 according to my dealer(who currently has it and is trying to peddle it for me for shop credit).
    I'll let it go for $150, and we'll see how to ship it, hoping it comes in under the $250 mark for you...

lmk...

this is the one it is, sorry for the lame pic, but you get the idea

sandm

The tower that is in your picture is different than the one that I have. Being a different tower I don't think it will work for me.

Hoopskier, I think that even if the towers are different, as long as the width is close- at the base and the same width at the top it could be made to work with little fabbing. Take some measurements from both boats first.

I could be wrong also, but for the price its worth a shot.

If Im wrong dont blame me--I said "I think"
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

One thing you also need to consider is the Tower clamps the Outback generaly is a smaller diameter tubing. I know on my LSV its a 2.5 tube and i think the Outback might have the 2 tubes so you might be looking at getting new clamps but i doubt those are expensive. I would go to the dealer and talk to them about the tube sizes, or take a flexible tape measure tape, also jsut ask them for the part numbers on the Supra Bimini and the Outback see if there the same, might help narrow some questions down.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]