Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stereo Help

all componets should be grounded in the same spot otherwise issues will come up
    2007 Outback V

I got the filter at radio shack $16.00 plugs in rca input. It was worth it.
    We like to MOOMBA MOOMBA!

I'm digging up some old threads because I'm having a major problem with this interference issues coming both from the blower motor and the engine... to the point where I almost can't listen to the stereo unless we're parked. I have the factory kenwood receiver with factory 6 kicker speaker/kicker amp. No tower speakers (yet). I've checked to see that everything is grounded directly to the battery and it appears that it is. It looks like the power to the amp runs right next to the speaker wire terminals- but I don't think I can change that. Would this be coming from the power to the amp or do you think it's from the stereo switch on the dash? Should this be something the dealer should address or is this type of noise to be expected? It kind of reminds me of the stereo I had in my 1984 Buick regal.

If the boat is new and you havnt changed the stereo then yes the dealer should be looking into this.

No you should not deal with it and live with the noise.

Get it fixed.

I dont have any noise from my stereo when the blower is running or the engine for that matter.

Check the toggle switch on the dash, check for lose fittings, check for a bad ground connection.

Also if the deck is powering any speakers then pull the amp fuse and just listen to the deck with speakers and see if the noise is there. This will rule out your amp as the problem.

If you still have noise then its possible its the deck with a ground issue. It could be internal, or a bad connection on the ground wire.

Also you need to make sure that even though the batter terminal wires are tight that the battery is tight wheres its grounded tot he engine.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

thanks for the advice- I went ahead and had my dealer fix it at the 20h (25 actually) service- he ran a new ground wire which fixed the problem. He also ordered a new driver's seat for me because a staple from the flip up bolster had cut into the seat. Now I just need perfect pass and maybe some underwater LEDs and I'll be all set!