Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Black Sunbrella Boat Cover Or any black cover

Does anyone have a black cover they use regularly for their boat??

I need a new cover and was thinking of getting a black one but I am worried about how hot it will be when I remove it during the heat of summer. I live in Georgia and it averages 90 degrees plus during the summer.

If not black, I'm going with red or burgundy.

Ed are the silver covers water proof?

I have snap covers but for docking on my lift I dont want to rely on them to keep the water out. The cockpit area would be fine but water rollin down the windsheild to the bow it sneaks down under the front snap cover.

Just thinkin this would be a cheaper alternative over my snap on covers
    2007 Outback V

Sled491 Guest

C.rix, you don't have a canopy on your lift?

Loonytik, I have the factory cover in black on my 07. Well I don't live in your heat, It doesn't seem to have any negative effect. If you are worried, add a couple of solar powered circulation fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    c.rix, yes - the el-cheapo covers are waterproof.

If you can strap them to your lift under your boat, this might be a very good solution for you.

Be aware, they usually only last two summers max. The sun starts to get them thin and then they rip easily. But for $50, what the hey.
    Ed-Exactly what I was thinking I dont really need it to be trailerable It wont be used for that It will only be used just on the lift sunday night - friday afternoon

Sled - I got a killer deal on 5 years old 4500lb shore station for $1000!!!! it also solar charger, remote lift control but my buddy had a moring cover and didnt see a need for a canopy and for ~2500 I dont plan on buying one soon
    2007 Outback V

Sled491 Guest

Yeah, great deal and for 2500 bucks I'd look at other alternatives as well. I'd be watching Ebay and Craigslist for sure.

I live in So Cal and its over 100 in the summer and I have a Black Sunbrella Cover and I use to have a Grey Sunbrella cover they both held the heat in about the same. If you are worried about the temp buy a vent for about twenty five dollers at overtons.
    Life's great when im on the water in my 05 XLV!

ed,
    can you send me a link of one of these? i'm not familiar with what you're talking about ... thanks buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    I got a black cover with my 2009 OBV. I think all the new covers are black.

I learned a long time ago to put one of the el-cheapo silver colored covers over an expensive fatory cover in order to prolong it's life. I got mine from my dealer, but I beleive Wal-Mart sells them for about $50.

Dealer tells me that the silver cover reduces the inside boat temp by about 20 degrees.

I live in Central Florida.

www.evolutioncovers.com

I received a quote from these guys on my boat.....you ready?

$837.00....for a cover.

No.

That better be one really good cover for that price. I have no clue how much the factory cover costs since i got mine with the boat but almost $900 for a cover seems a lot.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Loonytik View Post
    www.evolutioncovers.com

I received a quote from these guys on my boat.....you ready?

$837.00....for a cover.

No.
    yea I found a few quotes like that as well

A few cheaper ones as well It really depends on what material you choose to go with

the custom shop by my house looked at my boat and with sunbrella material quoted 775 for my ob v

factory covers are ~550
    2007 Outback V