Default ski and wakeboard school around Tampa?

I'm hoping some of the members on here in the Florida area could give me some pointers on a good ski school around Tampa. I'll be in Tampa the week of Memorial Day visiting my sister, and was thinking about hitting up something for a day or two. Is that even possible, or do these schools only do multi-day programs?

I would say I'm an intermediate open-water slalom skier, I have never run a course. On the wakeboard, I guess I'm a beginner (I can get up, go back and forth across the wake, get in the air a little, that's about it). Thus I'm looking to improve my slalom form and technique, and get a better handle on the basics of wakeboarding.

Maxpower, I see you went to McCormick Ski School - would you recommend them?

Or if someone in the area just wants a driver/skier for a day, I would be glad to accommodate that as well
    2008 Outback

That is the only school that I have gone to, so what do I know. I did learn a lot in just one session. I was not in "ski shape" and was using a ski and bindings that were too big for me. I would highly recommend that you bring your own ski/board. They have CC 196/206 boats and 5 or six different skis to ride. They have a CC 210 (I think) if you want to board behind a boat for lessons and they have a cable park.
    You should give them a call for the prices. I did one lesson and it was $45. There was someone there doing a half day program. I am pretty sure they will accomadate you in any way that you need.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

In the tampa area actually in seffner is the famous mccormicks skis school and cable park, great guys and very reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    I'm about an hour east of Tampa. Your welcome to come surfing on martha.

Edit:

Actually, I'd love to have you ski behind my boat.

That way you could report back to the nay sayers about how good of a ski wake that the 2009 OBV puts out.

I have a couple Kidder skis with dual hi-wraps (large) & varying lengths you can choose from.
    Thanks for the offer Ed! Maybe we could work out something. Shoot me an email at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower220 View Post
    That is the only school that I have gone to, so what do I know. I did learn a lot in just one session. I was not in "ski shape" and was using a ski and bindings that were too big for me. I would highly recommend that you bring your own ski/board. They have CC 196/206 boats and 5 or six different skis to ride. They have a CC 210 (I think) if you want to board behind a boat for lessons and they have a cable park.
    You should give them a call for the prices. I did one lesson and it was $45. There was someone there doing a half day program. I am pretty sure they will accomadate you in any way that you need.
    Thanks for the info Max. I did my first run of the season last week, and I'm just now getting over the soreness... you know how it is, over-indulging because you are so excited to be back on a ski! Hopefully I get a couple more runs in before heading to the sunshine state. I do have a ski bag, so I'll check with the airline on how obnoxious their fee would be to check it as luggage.
    2008 Outback