Default Cordless Impact gun ?

Talking about the kind that would loosen and tighten lug nuts--looks like a cordless drill. Any body have one or use one? what do ya think about it. and would it have the power to do all lugs on a truck-20 of em.

Thanks
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I have a dewalt and love it

We use a 28v milwakee at work we installsed 3 6" pipe headers 300' long each. we had about half a charge left when we were done. Works awesome.

PWI as usual...

Sled491 Guest

I have 3 of them, Dewalt, Makita, and Bosch. All work well. The dewalt was actually bought for when we were racing to eliminate a compressor in the trailer.

However on my truck with the Aluminum rims and 8 studs per, I would need to crack them first by hand to remove the lugs.

Voltage is key, nothing under 14.4. If your sole use is the lugs min would be a 18volt. And sorry, cheap is cheap so avoid Ryobi or other off brands. They'll hit the same at first, but won't stay in the game long.

Dewalt is the way to go. I have one in the Motorhome for when we go camping. Haven't used it yet, but I know that I have it when I need it. I also have two 18volt XRP guns from Dewalt. That also has tons of torque.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

I'm with newty, i used the milwakee 28 v to drive lag bolts on my deck project, but as sled said make sure its a quality tool. Makita, dewalt porter cable etc with work and keep the volts higher.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

can't go wrong with dewalt.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

We use a dewalt 18v heavy duty on the farm and it works well. The only thing I've seen out do the Dewalt is the 28v milwaukee, but I believe it's also more $$$
    2008 Supra 22V

Never had a Dewalt but my buddy is a contractor. We were stirring a huge pot of gravy for hours on Thanksgiving (our church makes meals for about 1400 on T-giving morning) using a paint stir attachment for a 5 gal bucket and his Dewalt gun. That thing performed like crazy and I felt like it would have run all day. Very nice equipment.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Dewalt all the way. Been using dewalt drills and sawzaws since 2001, they are ROCK SOLID.