I'm having an issue with my stereo remote. I have a 2008 Outback with the factory Kenwood unit, plus the factory installed driver's remote. The Kenwood unit also came with the handheld Kenwood remote.

Both remotes work fine when the engine is off. However, 95% of the time that the engine is running, NEITHER the factory installed driver's remote nor the included Kenwood handheld remote will work. The other 5% off the time, the remote will work once or twice shortly after the engine is started, but it never lasts long. This leads me to believe the issue is not with the remotes, since they either both work or both don't work. I'm thinking it has something to do with the current from the alternator once the engine is running, possibly affecting the ground and somehow interfering with the head unit's remote function. And/or I potentially have a faulty head unit. Any other ideas?

This is a chronic issue that has been happening ever since I took delivery last summer. The dealer tried to troubleshoot it twice, to no avail.