Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    You may just have to call in "Moomba".

I think that lasts around 96hrs or so
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I forgot to update everyone on Zach's doctor visit!!! Sorry but because he is exceptionally smart student he is participating with a small group of 6th graders this week at Florida State University (Panama City Campus) doing some science/robotic projects so I postponed his doctors appointment until Friday when him and his team will be finished.
    As far as the trip, Ginny is having to wait to see how far along this new product launch is proceeding. I am prepared to just make a weekend trip of it and she might too but usually in a new product launch they perform the line changes during the weekend while the line is down. So everyone cross your fingers and say your prayers for both the boy (Zack) and the awesome slalom skier (Ginny) and hope we will make it up there that weekend. We are actually planning on leaving July 3rd or somewhere around that time frame.
    Wolfeman, no matter what we will go to Sinclair during the summer, it might not be during the Great Milledgeville Moomba Jam but we always visit Ma and PaPa (Ginny's parents) up there during the summer and I sure will drag the boat with us. So we will see you and your super great family sometime this summer. I really want to see how the Touareg pulls the LS for a long distance. Towing it around here I haven't been able to tell it was behind us! I will have to tell you the story of how I pulled Ginnys Jetta out of some deep deep sand when we are there, something about Diesel Low End Torque.

That would be a great time. Hitch up and stop in KY at lake whatever it is Dale Hollow I think, then on to Knoxville to I think it's Louisville Lake, and then Lake Lanier and lake Sinclair in GA. Then head down to Leesburg, Lake Harris and visit the Wakeboard Camp in Clermont. Go home the other way and check out the zegm lake (is it Deer Point?) in Panama City. Go up through AL and see the guys around Birmingham or Huntsville and then Kentucky Lake and maybe Lake Shelby or something in IL. I think I'm going to do something like that next summer. Could you imagine a Moomba caravan for 2 weeks?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Sled,

It was a good plan that got superceded by a better plan!

But if you could cancel those tickets................

yeah, cancel those tix! we'll be here on the 4th too!

I still consider myself a kid.

Maybe a grown up kid.

The other day i was driving down the road, and this young boy and young girl, more than likely his sister were out in the yard with what appeared to be a BB gun rifle or something along that line. Anyways, while passing, the little boy aimed the gun at my vehicle, and followed through with the fake shot. If I would not have been in a hurry, I would have pulled over and gave that young man a short lesson on what guns for, and why we use them. To kill things! They kill things. Guns are fun, and I grew up with them, but I was educated as to the safety and responsibility that toting and using any gun carried. Toy guns are the same as big guns.

The point I would like to make, is that there are numerous ways to have fun, and get a natural high, high on just living a good life, putting in an honest days work, and reap the rewards and benefits of doing it.

I hope all kids find a hobby or past time. I would sure love to go back and be a kid again, all that free time. Gosh the things I could know now. But, it was all fun and I am still alive, and we must all through our own mistakes to learn from them sometimes.

gc,

My son is now the 1st ranked skier in the family. What I mean by that is that he is the one that pushes us to get the boat ready and go out and spend the day on the water. Well now that he can't ski or get in the water (Postponed Dr. Visit again until Tues) our boat is sitting in the lift at the dock. Not used nearly as much. But it wasn't him that was irresponsible, it was his friend. My son is a 2nd degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Doe and knows better to hit someone in the ear. The sad part is that the boy that did this, a great kid, he has gotten over it and is enjoying his summer while my son can't do his water sports and is bored. Sometimes the leason learned wasn't taught to the correct student.
    I think you should have pulled over and given that young kid advice!

Reminds me of a story. Mrs. Beerling down the street had a bunch of wild boys when my Dad was a kid. One of the kids ran in the house and said to Mrs. Beerling, "Bobby shot Babe (his younger brother) with his BB gun!" So, as the story goes, Mrs. Beerling went outside and grabbed the BB gun from Bobby and "peppered him good!"
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Ok we took the boat out today! Everyone got in the water! Yes I skied today!!! Zachary was allowed to kneeboard but was told to NOT WIPE OUT and get his head wet! He was wearing a helmet with the ear flaps!!!
    I skied for the first time this year, it was great, Mrs.Z is a great driver!!!

So glad to hear you found water near your house. Your neighbors have been saying they don't know if that's a real boat on your lift or just for show.

Sure hope we see you guys in a couple weeks. Hope you had a great Father's Day.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!