Hybrid View

Default Slap Boxing! Caution Parents!!!

On saturday morning my 12 year old son and a couple of his buddies engaged in a new sport going around called slap boxing. Well one well placed shot to my sons ear and he now has a ruptured ear drum that is going to require surgery to repair. The doctor has told us that he will not be able to get in the water for 3 to 6 months!!! Parents alert you kids that some simple little games can result in serious injuries!!!

Sorry to hear about that.

I was introducing to pantzing (spelling?) when the principal called to ask for permission to spank my 9yr old. Basically yanking pants down.

Thanks for the heads up.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    Then those chlorine bombs - you could get a flame thirty feet in the air.

Dont try non dairy powdered coffee creamer
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    you tellin me that will burn???

Oh Yea it will burn.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Yeah I just spent the last 2 weekends getting the Moomba ready for the water. She is sitting besides the house waiting for a transfer to the boat lift and this happens! Saturday I will get her in the lift and then start on a new more difficult project. Of course it is being driven by my son, since he can't swim he wants to go fishing. So I have to get the Proline ready! First thing to do, replace the leaf springs on the trailer!!! So I am having a "replace the leaf springs" party saturday morning! Everyone is invited to get dirty, greasy and have a blast with a die grinder cutting off the heads of what appear to be bolts!!!! Then I will pass out big hammers and punches so we can have another blast knocking things out! Let me know if you plan to attend so I can determine if I need to go out and get some more Go Jo and safety glasses!!!

Sorry to hear about that. As summer starts to set in he is going to want to get into the water.

Ed, you are right about the games now a days. Now a days if you play paintpall in a city park SWAT shows up and takes away all your fun.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

zegm - I'm sorry about your son's injury. That's tough all the way around. Hoping he makes a full recovery and does so sooner than expected by the doc. Also hoping you can get some quality time with him in the Proline as you're trolling for fish.

To Ed's observation about the old days, this from the municipal code in the town where we have lived since 1994: "No person shall have in his possession...a cannon, gun, pistol, revolver, stun gun or firearms of any description, a shotgun or rifle which may be used for the explosion of bullets and cartridges or any air gun, BB guns, gas operated gun or spring operated gun, or any instrument, toy or weapon commonly known as a peashooter, slingshot, beany or throwing star, or any knife...whether that instrument is called by any name set forth above or by any other name."

No comment from me one way or the other about guns or firearms. It just seems odd that in my town things like an air gun, peashooter, and slingshot that I enjoyed as a kid today get the same treatment as a cannon. - Deerfield
    Last edited by deerfield; 04-28-2009 at 05:50 PM.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Talk about shooting, with the proper ear protection (ear muffs) and the doctors permission I did take him shooting. Now he wants rifle!!!

Oh, we only shot a .22 nothing that could jarr his ear!
    Last edited by zegm; 04-28-2009 at 06:54 PM.