Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thanks everyone for you well wishes and concerns!!!
    Zachary is doing great! They had to go in behind his ear and put a skin graft on the drum to help it heal. The doctor calls it a ear drum bandaid. We have one of the best doctors in town who did the surgery but he is one of the worst doctors in town with bedside manners. After the surgery we had a list of questions, for example how long must we wait. So we are in the recovery room waiting for him to show up and he never did!!! We asked the nurses about him and they said he never visits the parents or patient after surgery. Well Mrs. Z and I were Pissed Off!!! Zach does goes back to the doctors office on Thursday so we will then address our questions with the Doctor then.
    On a good note!!!! The LS in now sitting in the boat lift. We took the our daughter knee boarding (of course it isn't time for me or Mrs. Z to get in the water yet, too cold) and then pulled the LS into the lift and hoisted her up. She ran great and she looks so good sitting in the lift ready for the next time! We had a very strange sighting though while out on the lake!!! Someone saw our boat last year and apparently went and bought an Outback that LOOKS just like our LS. The Brittnany Blue and tower and all!!! See we helped Moomba sell a boat. I wasn't able to run them down to speak to them (Eliza was kneeboarding which see can do for Hours!) but next time I see them I will meet them and find out where they got it. I will see if they are on the boards too.
    Last edited by zegm; 05-04-2009 at 11:22 AM.

Please give Zach our best and hopes for a speedy recovery!

Sled,

I am confused?? MrsZ and I were dry.......I had on shorts and a t-shirt and Mrs. Z while in her bathing suit she stayed dry too?

Actually MrsZ might have gone but Friday night at Eliza's elementary school after school party MrsZ and I jumped in a sack together to show the kids how it is really done (sack races). Well I found out that the kids showed us how it is done and not only that somehow MrsZ tripped (said I tripped her) and when she pulled her foot out of the bag her big toe nail was almost ripped off (said I did it). So because of my June 1 rule, Zachary's ear, MrsZ toe we just have one qualified skier here to use the towing capabilities of our ski boat. The rest of us really enjoyed the riding around abilities of the roomy interior!!!
    And again we were shocked to see our LS's little sister!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zegm View Post
    MrsZ and I jumped in a sack together to show the kids how it is really done
    What the heck kind of school is this?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    What the heck kind of school is this?

you got me on that one. had to reread the whole thread.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Heres an idea Z cant you get little Z a dry suit hat? I took my buddy out Wake Boarding a month ago and he had a dry suit hat. Not very expensive and it kept his whole dead dry. Only his face was able to get wet.

Maybe this will work and he can get some time in the water still?
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Guys!!! Pat, Stacy!!!
    It was an after school cookout with games and prizes and "Potatoe Sack" races. Ok the wife and I had high expectations and well...... we failed because we fell!!!

OK now sorry I have been gone and again I don't know if someone replies to my post, but I should have checked back sooner. Anyway here is the latest news!!!!
    ONE Week and ONE day after Zachary's surgery I took him back to the Doctor for his post surgery check up. The doctor looks in his ear, mutters something turns to us and said "this boy is the swimmer right?" we said yes! Well he can go swimming now!!!! WHAT!!!! I said!!!! WHAT??? He told us that his ear drum had healed faster than 99.9 percent of the population! I had to ask again, "when can he swim" and the doctor says "today!" However the doc says he can't dive in the water, he can't go under more than a couple of inches. So Zachary went swimming in our pool when we got home. Of course I didn't call and tell his mother this (she had to work on an important project at work)! She came home, walked in and saw him in the pool!!!!! It was great!!!! She was yelling and screaming at him "what are you doing in the pool!!!" OK so I was a bad boy for a few minutes. He will line up for the back stroke this Thursday's meet which is his best stroke anyway. He has been at swimming practice all week with no problems.
    OK OK how does this relate to skiing you are asking?? Of course I asked the doctor about that too! But with the stipulation that he wears a Pro-Tec Wake Junior with the EAR PADS! The doctor said yes, just make sure that it is tight. Well I did tell the doctor that for the first month he would wear the helmet and only kneeboard, then we will let him ski and wakeboard, ohhhhh and I forgot and surf (didn't want to disappoint you there Ed!).
    Ok I am writing a book so this is the end, ah wait not done yet ....of course last weekend was Mama day so we went out of town and left the poor but gorgeous LS sitting in the lift! Come on Friday!!!!

Z - That's great news. Glad your boy is making a quick recovery. Guess you could truly say that boy of yours is "one in a million." Let us know how he does in his next swim meet. That sport is front and center in our family. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Awesome! Wish I could have been there for the G tirade. Ha Ha. Glad to hear the z-fish is back at it. Maybe we'll see you guys soon.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone! We go to Zach's doctor on Tuesday and see how his ear is going. We will see if we get to get into the water again.
    We meant to go out today but spend most of the day (Zach and I) cleaning weeds out from around the boat dock. Man we got a huge pile of this stuff going. We even got creative and used a kayak and a rake on a rope to pull is Islands of this stuff t shore!
    OH!!!! I got in the Lake Today!!!! I was stepping on a small tree that was overgrowing the bank (been wanting to get rid of that thing for a long time) anyway I had my weight on it and Zach was sawing it with a limb saw,(I was keeping the saw from binding on him). All of a sudden I heard a loud Snap and hey what do you know!!!! I finally got in the lake!!! It wasn't cold either!!!! I reached down into the mud to find my Birkie as quick as I could and got out of there though!!!! Never know where that little baby gator is going to be, yeah I got a neighbor feeding one!!!!