Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pontiac is dead

Sled491 Guest

GM's problem goes much deeper than exec salaries, but all make good points. I'm in the market for a new Diesel PU but now that Dodge is Union owned I'm not sure. I have qualified for GM employee pricing for 12 yrs through my father in law and of all the kids in the family my wife and I are the only ones that have never bought a GM.

I might be simpilying this but to me GM is GM and I'm not a fan of any, no matter what you call it, except the Vette and the Cadi CTS

Quote Originally Posted by sled491 View Post
    GM's problem goes much deeper than exec salaries, but all make good points. I'm in the market for a new Diesel PU but now that Dodge is Union owned I'm not sure. I have qualified for GM employee pricing for 12 yrs through my father in law and of all the kids in the family my wife and I are the only ones that have never bought a GM.

I might be simpilying this but to me GM is GM and I'm not a fan of any, no matter what you call it, except the Vette and the Cadi CTS
    Sled,
    I'll probably never convince you to change, but if you haven't test drove a Duramax diesel, give it a shot. blows the doors off Ford and Dodge, both empty and towing. Biggest trick is to not completely floor the pedal. Mash it and then back off just a touch and watch the Dodge turn distant in the rear view mirror.
    Doug
    02 Outback LS
    Howell, Mi

Quote Originally Posted by mimoomba View Post
    Sled,
    I'll probably never convince you to change, but if you haven't test drove a Duramax diesel, give it a shot. blows the doors off Ford and Dodge, both empty and towing. Biggest trick is to not completely floor the pedal. Mash it and then back off just a touch and watch the Dodge turn distant in the rear view mirror.
    AHHHHHH, yes mimoomba the Duramax is nice! I don't own one/can't afford one, but my neighbor has the GMC 2500 Crew Cab (totally loaded) with the Allison tranny and it is the most bada$$ truck I've driven. I've pulled his Malibu 247 (I don't own one/can't afford one of these either!) with this truck and you hardly notice that it's back there.

I can say the same thing about gm as well. granted I don't need a diesel and would probably shop ford if in that market. looking at the 1/2 ton truck market right now, it would be nissan/toyota/ford. gm trucks are just not attractive in their current state, and all the torque in the world isn't worth it if you don't get a smile when walking across a parking lot to it..

will be interesting to see if toyota follows through with plans for the diesel tundra they have been talking about. I thought it was supposed to launch this summer.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Sled491 Guest

I heard the same thing about the Toyota. I had a toyota tundra leased for a job we had going in Phoenix for the last 6 mnths. Found the cab small and cheap feeling. Descent power though, but not for me. We pull much bigger trailers than our boat and 1/2 tonne just won't cut it.