Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pontiac is dead

They made some great cars, But there has been little that has rolled out of the pontiac factory in the last 20 that gets my attention. Sad to see a car manufacturer go under but...

PWI as usual...

Times are changing and its sad.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Sled491 Guest

As with all business these days GM needs to become lean and mean if it is too survive. This is a step in the right direction.

^^totally agree.
    I still think they have too many brands at 4. buick should be gone, and make a decision whether it'll be chevy trucks or gm trucks.
    look at the imports that are surviving. one main brand and one luxo brand.
    should be either gm or chevy and then caddy that survive. just the savings in trimming the redundant executives would be huge...

still can't believe that the unions are not working with them more as well. I would have thought that what's going on in the economy would be a wakeup call to them, but seems they are going down fighting and would rather see no jobs than some at 20% less pay(where they should have been all along).. entitlement is a wonderful thing
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Great, and I just sold my mint 06 GTO a few weeks ago. Wonder if it's worth more now ? Oh well, I'm no that sorry, It helped get my LSV ordered

You know I said that about Pontiac until I saw an 04" GTO in my area, and did a little youtube surfing... Holy rice burner Killer!!! There are some mean GTO's out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyiA6...eature=related

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    You know I said that about Pontiac until I saw an 04" GTO in my area, and did a little youtube surfing... Holy rice burner Killer!!! There are some mean GTO's out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyiA6...eature=related
    a good friend on mine has a twin turbo 06 gto Its amazing!!!
    2007 Outback V

They wouldn't get rid of chevy. They have to revise their marketing strategy b/c of current economic climate. By getting rid of chevy, GM would most likely hurt their company's overall profit. Chevy owners are not just going to switch to GM even though everyone knows they are owned by the same company. Marketing majors should be able to enlighten you more on this. I was just awake that day in class when we covered companies and how they use different brand names to sale to different target markets.
    07 Moomba Outback

It's about shelf space- more space devoted to your product means less for competitors. So you have Coke, classic coke, diet coke, sprite, diet sprite, caffiene free coke, caf free diet coke, etc. Having all this gets you market share. GM's problem is they have a bunch of exectutives to go with every brand and separate stores for each brand.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!