Hybrid View

Default Sub enclosure question

Has anyone ever done anything to improve the sub enclosure under the driver's seat? I pulled out my sub to see if I could caulk it or put some of that matting in there to help it hit a little harder. I know i should be able to get more out of it than I am getting now. Please help.

Hey neighbor! Eric I looked long and hard at doing the same thing. I finally decieded it wasn't going to work. The material that the foot rest is made of is thin and flimsy.
    Even if you were able to seal it it would sound much better.
    Check out my profile pics and the way I did the sub under my dash. It was a pain in the buttocks but I'm pleased with the result.

PWI as usual...

If it were my boat I would cut out a square where the current hole for the sub is Make a box to slide in and make the face wider than the hole cut so it wont fall inside then screw it in place enjoy
    2007 Outback V

i used a fiberglass encloser from www.audioformz.com I am very happy with the box. I also used a Boston Acoustic G3 sub. Look at my profile for the stereo hookup.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Default Much better.

I sealed it up but I went the cheapest way I could. I cut some wood fof the left side and screwed it in to place. Caulked it up really good. Then used some spray foam to seal up the other areas that the bass was leaking into. It actually sounds allot better thanks for all your input....