Default Long Lost Girlfriend

Just picked my boat up on Wednesday and took it to the lake yesterday to break it in....was out for about an hour and notice tranny fluid in the bottom of the engine compartment. Found a loose fitting on the cooling line that leads into the top of the transmission. I was wondering how that could have made it thru the water test, the fitting was barely finger tight. Didnt expect that from a new boat .

Should I be concerned with the transmission at all? I drove it about 20mins without fluid in it? Anyone know of issues with mixing Type III ATF Synthetic fluid with non-synthetic? I know it takes Type III but I didnt know if using synthetic would cause problems....(it was all I had on me at the time).
    Attached Images Attached Images

BWeber,

Congrats on the new Girlfriend. She will treat you right if you treat her right.

For the issue i would contact your dealer and ask them what is up. I would think that having no fluid in a new transmission would not be good at all.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

very nice!!
    2007 Outback V

Mine had oil from a loose fitting on the remote filter bracket. The dealer happily took it back fixed it, bathed the hull (inside) and gave it back free of charge. Def have the dealer look it through and make it right.
    Great looking boat! My wife and I had a hard time choosing between what we have now and the color scheme on yours.
    Beauty!!

PWI as usual...

i had to look in the garage to make sure i was not looking at our boat. great looker! enjoy her.

Congrats! Great looking boat! You will likely have to remove all the transmission fluid and go to synthetic (not a bad thing though). Definitely tell the dealer exactly what happened and get it documented as you may experience transmission problems that aren't immediately obvious. Consider delivering a letter and keeping a copy so you have a file.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Nice! I'm very partial to the blue, looks great!
    2013 Outback V