Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Swim deck residue..HELP..

So we took the boat out of storage for detail and other things to get it ready for the summer. After the swim platform had gotten wet I had walked on it then on to the sundeck. There were black marks from where my feet were. Is there something I can rub on the mat? My dad does not want to buy a whole new mat, but he does not want this to keep happening when people get in an out. I know that this has probably already been discussed; this just seems like the fastest way for advice. Thanks for all the help so far on all my other questions.
    "Pro's don't do it till they get it right, they do it until they don't get it wrong"

2007 Moomba LSV. 3,500lbs ballast
    No stereo setup just a wake monster!

Mine did that also. Is the boat or deck New? What I did was keep a rag in the boat just for the swim deck. Everytime I went to the Lake and the boat in the water, I washed and wiped the deck down. This eliminated the black marks on the vinyal. I hope this helps.
    Tazz
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Smile

I realize the best solution is to replace the mat with Seadec as everyone seems to say but before this solution came about someone suggested coating with clear Laquer coating which i did with my 07 Outback and 2 seasons later so far so good. Yes its a tad slippery when wet but this was one of the solutions at the time.
    I probably will switch covers soon enough and put a Fancy Roo cover on but untill then . this works.

Sled491 Guest

The black mat just does that. You can't stop it, execpt for Mikeys suggeston. I just put on the Seadek pad, way better and only a couple hugie. Worth the price, just ask anyone.

TAZZ: Both the boat and the deck were new when we bought it and we have only used it for one season.

I guess seadeck is the way to go. I guess that is a purchase for some other time. Anymore suggestions would rock..
    "Pro's don't do it till they get it right, they do it until they don't get it wrong"

Forgive my ignorance to the Fancy Roo and the Sea Dek options. My '05 LSV has the smooth black rubber pads that trasfer sooo much black to the inside of the boat. I figured it was a product of the previous owner's Armorall or something. So others have had alternative materials applied with good results? Was this a DIY or a shop install?

I have an 07 and have never gotten any black residue in my boat.
    07 Moomba Outback

Sled491 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Limishowman3 View Post
    I have an 07 and have never gotten any black residue in my boat.
    Interesting, was yours a pre season order or off the floor later in the season. I'm just asking as maybe thgey changed out the mats to the new style mid season. But everyone I know who has 07 or older Moombas has a similar problem. You come out of the water onto the swim platform. Stand up on it, walk over the sun deck and back seat and you leave blackish footprints

I am guessing it is a factory thing. No one owned the boat before us and it was not a DIY. If the 08's are not doing it they must have changed something. So armor all would be a bad thing to put on it? My dad like the roo swim deck, but to him the black is just something we are just going to have to deal with, till next season. I am afraid of it staining the vinyl. I think we are just going to get a separate rag to wipe on the deck before we put the boat in the water everytime we use it till next year.

Yah we bought it in mid july, just sitting there in the parking lot. Brand new. Only stains i get are from people jumping in my boat before taking their shoes off.
    07 Moomba Outback