Default Trailer Electrical harness

So I have let my adapter for my trailer on the back of my rig about 4 times now and lots one. Since my boatmate trailer has a flat 5 and my tow rig has a RV round 7 I have an adapter. Well I have decided to wire up a fixed RV round 7 so I will not have to worry about losing another one.

So first off my trailer came with a rig side flat 5 so I just used this. I went to Autozone and picked up a RV round 7, and black tubing for the cables. I also picked up a flat 2 for the reverse break release that you will see in the Pic’s but after playing with the lights today I no longer need.

More or less what I will end up doing is keeping the flat 5 on the trailer and plugging my adapter into this and putting the extra wire in the tong of the trailer.

My first idea was to plug into the flat 4 that is inside the swing away tong but that will only give you the right side of the trailer lights. So instead of cutting wires and putting everything back together I just made the adapter and plugged it into the flat 5 that is already on the trailer. I will have finished pics when i am finished next week.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

So i forgot the pic's

Last edited by jester; 05-01-2009 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Bad images
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Wouldn't it have just been easier to leave the adapter with the boat?
    Looks good I hate having the adapter. I like that idea.

PWI as usual...

It is easer until you find yourself needing the adaptor with the truck. Or you think it is with the boat and cant find it then you spend a week looking around town to find another one and everyone is sold out or the adaptor you need.

I will post better pic's this week.