Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I have the answer! 2.0

I finally got out this last weekend and tried out the ballast upgrades.
    With the dual pump configuration and the ballast springs removed I went from filling about 25 minutes fill time to 17 minutes fill time with the 1200lb enzo sac, 400 lb center sac, and about 250 in my bow sac.
    I do know I want to upgrade to a integrated ballast bag.
    For some reason both of my front sacs were full of air and took longer to fill initially. I'm pretty happy with the results.

PWI as usual...

Newty,

That is great to hear. I guess i will take that spring out and call it good. Also happy to hear you made it out on such a nice weekend.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

The day after I pulled the springs in my 08 Outback V, the center bag filled freely. The next weekend, it was under control. This weekend will be the tie breaker, but my setup may not be spring removal friendly.

where can i find the thread on the ballast upgrades and removing the spring?
    who was the originator of the post?
    It is better barefoot!

I think it was Moombadaze. I know Newty was in there too.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

My ballast upgrades
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=7373

My spring removal thread
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=7352

Moombadaze upgrades/troubleshooting
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=7263

Help me out if I'm missing something.

PWI as usual...

Newty, thanks for posting up all your mods, your boat is looking nice. I checked out all your ballast upgrade info and was curious how the pressure worked for filling your integrated bow sac. Correct me if I’m wrong, when your center sac gets full the pressure sends the water to the front sac instead of emptying out of the boat like usual. Did you do anything to keep the water from diverting out to the empty lines or do they just flow to the front sac with no added valves?
    2005 Mobius LSV

All I did was run a hose from the normally plugged vent on the floor sack, and run that to the bow sack. Because the bow sack is at a lower elevation than the drain for the floor sac the water takes the path of less resistance which it to the bow sack. The bow sack has its own overflow. and when it is full water comes out of both through hulls. It does overflow a little out of the floor sac when the bow sac gets fairly full.
    Make sense? I hope so cause it doesn't make sense to me.
    Last edited by newty; 05-15-2009 at 12:58 AM.

PWI as usual...

10.4 makes perfect sense. Thanks.

I replaced my rear sacks with the 750's last year and wanted to try and hook up my two old smallers sacs in the bow. We will see if I can come up with something.
    2005 Mobius LSV

We've had quite a few questions about this lately, so we through together a little article on the factory Moomba Ballast System that may offer some additional info on how you can decrease the fill times.