Question Scratch in the gel coat

Don't know what I was thinking last fall when I was cleaning her up, but I had some pretty stubborn scum on the hull. So I used a green scrubby with light effort and I ended up scratching my gel coat? I have tried to add some extra coats of wax, but it hasn't taken the marks out. Luckily, I realized that I F-ed up and stopped but there are 2 marks now that just drive me nuts.

What can I do?
    Can I use a rubbing compound?

Use a buffer and work the scratch out. I did a buddies not to long back by using 3M Diamond Cut / 3M Swirl Remover / Marine Wax. Remember to vary the buffer speed and keep it moving or you'll burn. Never spend too much time with the Diamond Cut, just a little at a time until you've got it.

II just used my 6" Palm Orbital yesterday to remove fender marks. I used ONLY wax and applied two or three times until gone, so you see moderation is neccessary but you will get it out. The gel is 18-22 mils thick if i remember so you have leeway.
    Last edited by Razzman; 04-19-2009 at 07:36 PM.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Start with polishing compound to smooth it up, then go to the swirl remover before the wax. Good luck!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!