Default First time out this year/ballast test.

Well, I had the winterization done at dealer but figure I can reconnect hoses and put in plugs. So a couple of weeks ago when I finished my ballast upgrade I reconnected all hoses and installed the plugs. Not 100% confident I decided to leave the side panels of on the v-drive to have full view and access to the engine.

So backed the boat in and started it leaving it on the trailer, white smoke came out from the fogging but it started and ran fine with no sign of water. Went ahead and launched and cruised to middle of lake then noticed water in the bilge. I had not connected the rear sacs yet and noticed water had come from the left inlet hose (I left manual bypass on and cruising caused water to flow). Easy fix connected rear bags and installed panels.

Tested filling - both bags filled fine but I noticed even more water in bilge area! Extremely concerned and thinking I missed a hose or plug on engine, I scoured engine and saw nothing. I thought I better check the ski locker for water and opened it. What an idiot I am..... the dealer had disconnected the hoses from the front ballast and that is where the water came from!!!!!!

Oh well live and learn. Just thought this may entertain some of you or make you feel better about your own bonehead move
    -McMoomba

2008 Outback V

Same thing happened to me, didn't realize the dealer had disconnected the hose on the ballast, luckily a problem that two seconds to fix. The year before that my main hose to the engine was disconnected and water was flowing straight on the fan belt. Have to check everything i guess after getting the boat back from winterization from the dealer.
    07 Moomba Outback

Yeah that's part of winterization, unhook the bags and roll them to expell all the water.
    2007 Mobius LSV