Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Sled491 Guest

Default OK I tried the Yuengling

OK, so there has been so much hype about this Yuengling Lager that I took the oportunity to buy a six pack while here in Florida. Please keep in mind I'm no beer expert! I found the taste to be full and smooth.

Two days later I found a very poplular WI summer blend at Publics. It is call "Summer Shanty" by Leinenkugels. It is a completely different taste but I think you beer experts will find it to be a very nice refreshing drink for this summer on the lake. If that taste is not for you try the Honey Weis instead.

not available here in idaho.
    anyone want to send me one?
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

meh! Yeungling is ok, I don't know what all the hype is all about.

I had some Leinie's in Denver a few weeks back at the Chicago Pizza.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Thumbs up

leinenkugels also makes a beer called sunset wheat - got hooked on it last fall. it is a wheat beer with a hint of citrus flavor to it. i also tried a beer made by michelob this past weekend that is called shock top - not bad either. both would be excellent summer beers.

I like the Yuengs myself. and was recently told to try the Lenie Summer Shandy.. will be on my next shopping list!
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Sled491 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    I had some Leinie's in Denver a few weeks back at the Chicago Pizza.
    In Denver? really? I guess there starting to Branch out to capture some diminishing business from the economy

Quote Originally Posted by sled491 View Post
    OK, so there has been so much hype about this Yuengling Lager that I took the oportunity to buy a six pack while here in Florida. Please keep in mind I'm no beer expert! I found the taste to be full and smooth.

Two days later I found a very poplular WI summer blend at Publics. It is call "Summer Shanty" by Leinenkugels. It is a completely different taste but I think you beer experts will find it to be a very nice refreshing drink for this summer on the lake. If that taste is not for you try the Honey Weis instead.
    As a Wisconsin native, I can vouch for the tastiness of any Leinie's product. My personal favorite is Leinie's Red, but all they really sell in FL is the Summer Shandy and Sunset Wheat. While they're both delicious, I typically pick up some Red when I'm visiting the family in WI.

Leine's was always cheap in the Chicago area. We used to get it all the summer festivals and stuff. Best cheap beer around. Now it's more like a specialty item.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

As a PA native, Yuengling was a staple in my diet through college. Very good, but gave me and the wife headaches.

For my lighter beers I've moved from Corona to Landshark.

My fav dark beer is Sam Smith Oatmeal Stout. Anything by Sam Smith is top notch.

My father-in-law and I taste test every holiday so we've had most beers around the world. I met an actual professional beer judge and had fun at his resturant, from what I remember. So many to recommend, but the one I'll push is Sam Smith.