Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kennedy View Post
    yea, i should learn to read.

i did look at the post.

THANKS!!!
    No problem. I just started everything. I've got all the hoses reinstalled.

I'm now trying to see where the block plugs go and I need to reinstall the strainer.

After that, I'm going to R&R the impeller. I will take pics of this procedure.

Sled491 Guest

Making progress

No lake today, best I can hope for is a pull at the Cable park by the airport here in Orlando. My flight isn't until 4:30 so I'm good to go!

Sweet.

Okay, can someone help me find where I screw in the plastic strainer? I, for the life of me, do not see where it goes. Also, do the two drain plugs go on the aft end of the motor below the transmission fill? I can feel a hole on either side but it doesn't seem like they want to screw in. I need to go get a telescoping mirror to take a look.

I have a Direct Drive. Well, I guess I'll do the impeller now while the experts confer and give me a recommendation.

I got the impeller done. That was easy.

I also found the water strainer.

So, now if someone can post a pic or something showing me where the two brass drain plugs go, I'll be ready to fire her up (with the DIY Fake-a-lake, of course).

I have a V-drive, but I assume the drain plugs are in the same in the engine on a DD. If you look at the winterization pictures in the following post, you'll see where the port side plug is in the 6th picture (and water coming out of the hole in the 7th picture):

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ight=winterize

Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackRider View Post
    I have a V-drive, but I assume the drain plugs are in the same in the engine on a DD. If you look at the winterization pictures in the following post, you'll see where the port side plug is in the 6th picture (and water coming out of the hole in the 7th picture):

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ight=winterize
    PERFECT. Thank you very much.

And, all done.

Now, I need to do a test with the Fake-a-lake and wash it. Thanks for everyone's input and help.

One question on the fake-a-lake. There's two intakes under the boat. Do I use the aft or forward to run the engine? Or, does it matter? Thanks!

(Direct Drive)

Sled491 Guest

One is for the ballast and one is for the motor. It should be the one on the port side just infront of the strut. It will also be the one that feeds the strainer.

Quote Originally Posted by sled491 View Post
    One is for the ballast and one is for the motor. It should be the one on the port side just infront of the strut. It will also be the one that feeds the strainer.
    Thanks! I was using the one for ballast.