Default replacing packing with GOR fiber

This is my first post.

First, I want to say thanks for all of the incredibly helpful posts on this forum. cab13367, those winterization pictures were amazing!

I need to replace the packing seal in my '05 Mobius LSV. I've seen some other posts where people recommend using the GOR fiber packing; so, I'm thinking to go this route. The description of it on skidim's site implies that it drips less than traditional packing. So, my question is, if it does drip less, how do you know how much to tighten it after installing it? All of the information I've seen on tightening it with traditional packing says to tighten until it's dripping once every 45 seconds or so. With the GOR, do you tighten it until it's something like once every 2 minutes?

Also, I'd like to confirm that the 3/16" packing is supposed to be used with V drives.

Thanks!

I use graphite impregnated cord and I don't have the need for the water drip. The reason for the water drip is to allow water around the wax cord to prevent the wax from melting and ruining the sealing capabilities of the cord. Temperature is not an issue if you use something besides the wax cord. I installed the cord about six years ago and I tightened the nut once in the first year and that was it.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Raymond View Post
    Hope all is well. All direct drives use the 1/4" packing, all V-drives use the 3/16" packing. If you are not familiar with the install and tightening procedure, you can contact; [email protected] They have emailable (my word) and faxable instructions on this. Brian Raymond
    3/16 is correct. Here's a link to instructions.

Brian Raymond Guest

I resemble that remark Ed. Brian

Any body have the missing link? I love adding articles to my library.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

Thanks for the thought about posting a link to the instructions. For those wanting the link:

https://forum.moomba.com/showpost.ph...98&postcount=3